Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, looking for a recommendation between the Lowrance Elite-12 Ti2 and the Lowrance Elite FS 9. The biggest difference I know of are as follows.

Ti2: larger screen with higher resolution (12"), wireless connectivity only, older model being phased out.

FS: Smaller screen with lower resolution (9"), wired ethernet connectivity, newest Elite model. It has some enhanced integrability features in additional to be able to hardwire connect via ethernet, added programmable button, larger database of US inland lakes offered.

I'm not sure I would even use the hardwire ethernet connection, but it would be nice to have to future proof any gadgets I might add over time. I'm running a Minnkota trolling motor so I won't be using the finder for any trolling features. The only electronics I have on the boat is the fish finder... I mostly fish small rivers and lakes in GA with some intercoastal trips throughout the year. Any electronics guru's out there that can guide me here? Thanks!

·
Registered
989 Posts
Supposedly, the new Elite has upgraded screen compared to the TI series. I was advised by the FMT track guy not to but the TI if wanting to run their FMT chip. I am also contemplating buying the Elite FS 9", and kind of dragging my feet until i see some real life user reports. But really getting tired of using a Garmin handheld with no bottom machine. Help guys!!!!

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
11,951 Posts
Supposedly, the new Elite has upgraded screen compared to the TI series. I was advised by the FMT track guy not to but the TI if wanting to run their FMT chip. I am also contemplating buying the Elite FS 9", and kind of dragging my feet until i see some real life user reports. But really getting tired of using a Garmin handheld with no bottom machine. Help guys!!!!
Just installed one on a customer’s boat today.
05C16610-2970-46DD-99B3-195535483919.jpeg
3E522592-1941-4915-92B2-B2A770D1625B.jpeg
41FCFEAC-B77C-4DD6-BDFA-6D6C95DB2C20.jpeg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts