Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Ranger phantom 168 2020 Yamaha Vmax90 SHO
53 Posts
To All,

Mac Jank (@Smackdaddy53) will drive to Florida in late August/ early September to install a low water pick up on a boat in South Florida. During his travels from TX through most of FL, Mac will be available to do 2 more mobile installs to locations en route. If you’re interested pls PM me and I will put you in touch with Mac directly. I believe the cost of a normal low water pickup is $1500. There will be an additional house call fee. Each install is specific to the boat and outboard.
Hey I was one of the guys that mac stopped at my house to do a install on my skiff when he left your place. He did a fantastic job. Huge difference on running height. Game changer for sure. He is also str8 up great guy. BTW sick skiff cant get over the look of them chittums!

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
12,531 Posts
Hey I was one of the guys that mac stopped at my house to do a install on my skiff when he left your place. He did a fantastic job. Huge difference on running height. Game changer for sure. He is also str8 up great guy. BTW sick skiff cant get over the look of them chittums!
It was great working with you brother. I’ll come back and see if I can catch some of those big linesiders with you.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
12,531 Posts
The 18 foot 12 degree 100% carbon was water tested day before yesterday and again yesterday with excellent results. The only limitation is the prop and how high the outboard is mounted. It will be tested soon with a Foreman and that should keep grip super jacked. This is the intriguing thing about my system, you can run higher than even a Bob’s nosecone and basically forget about overheating unless you have a loose connection or run super hard over a lot of chop for a long time. You can push the limits of your hull, outboard, prop and full setup and take water pressure concerns out of the equation. It is not for everyone so if you think it is silly just move along to the “what’s on your wrist” thread and brag about your $10,000 watch collection or whatever trivial things you like.
At some point in the future I will be retrofitting my system into a hull and all or a majority of the plumbing will be inside the hull. One step at a time though...thanks guys!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,165 Posts
The 18 foot 12 degree 100% carbon was water tested day before yesterday and again yesterday with excellent results. The only limitation is the prop and how high the outboard is mounted. It will be tested soon with a Foreman and that should keep grip super jacked. This is the intriguing thing about my system, you can run higher than even a Bob’s nosecone and basically forget about overheating unless you have a loose connection or run super hard over a lot of chop for a long time. You can push the limits of your hull, outboard, prop and full setup and take water pressure concerns out of the equation. It is not for everyone so if you think it is silly just move along to the “what’s on your wrist” thread and brag about your $10,000 watch collection or whatever trivial things you like.
At some point in the future I will be retrofitting my system into a hull and all or a majority of the plumbing will be inside the hull. One step at a time though...thanks guys!

I don’t knowyou at all😀 but I don’t give a shit what you say on here, they should never ban you again😀
Skiff upgrade hero in my book , from what I hear😜

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
These Zephyr Cove low water pick up contraptions are the REAL DEAL. Significantly improve shallow running capabilities.

In a few weeks will be back in TX & will provide a more detailed report.

Thanks, Mac!

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Below are a few photos from today of the Zephyr Cove system adapted to a very light 12 degree Chittum 18,
(Tohatsu 50 with 20” shaft, Jack Foreman prop , no cab plate) for TX. The engine mounting probably can be tweaked further, possibly allowing a short shaft 15” Tohatsu.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Water Hood Naval architecture Automotive tire Vehicle

Automotive tire Snow Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

41 - 49 of 49 Posts