Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my 2019 East Cape EVOx last week and haven’t stopped smiling yet!
Guide mount MinnKota iPilot
Vmarine push pole, holders and clip
Lowrance HDS 9 Live with Active Transducer
Castaway Customs SeaDek on both platforms and under gunnels.
Matching hull, console, and inside live well color
Leg Vacation Sea Sun tanning Foot
Vehicle Boat Skiff Speedboat Water transportation
Water transportation Vehicle Speedboat Boat Phoenix boat
Water transportation Water Boat Vehicle Boating
Vehicle Boat Skiff Watercraft
Product Wheel Vehicle Automotive wheel system Chair
Vehicle Automotive exterior Font Car Automotive design
Vehicle Construction equipment Asphalt Soil Crane

6’ Power Pole
RamLin Aluminum Swing Tongue

Thanks so much Kevin, Marc, Adam and all the folks who work so hard to make these dream skiffs at East Cape!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How does she pole with the 90? Is there any squat? And what do you think she drafts? I am just curious I love the look of the EVO’s and this one especially looks great!
My comparison for poling is my previous skiff Maverick MA 17 which poled like a barge compared to the EVOx. The boats are so different don’t think it’s a fair comparison either way. If you pole this size and style skiff I can’t imagine an easier design to pole.
I don’t have a good comparison on squat as I have never been on an EVO with a 60. At 270#, any skiff I pole squats if I am on the platform with no other anglers aboard. With an angler or 2 on the bow, my opinion is there is no squat.
I measured the draft full of fuel, Zuk 90 trimmed all the way down, trolling motor, batteries, power pole, ice and drinks but no passengers at 6 1/2” at the transom port side and 7” starboard side (ice, drinks, and trolling motor guide mount are starboard). With anglers on the bow, she poles and fishes shallower than 8” even with my 270# on the platform.

·
Registered
199 Posts
My comparison for poling is my previous skiff Maverick MA 17 which poled like a barge compared to the EVOx. The boats are so different don’t think it’s a fair comparison either way. If you pole this size and style skiff I can’t imagine an easier design to pole.
I don’t have a good comparison on squat as I have never been on an EVO with a 60. At 270#, any skiff I pole squats if I am on the platform with no other anglers aboard. With an angler or 2 on the bow, my opinion is there is no squat.
I measured the draft full of fuel, Zuk 90 trimmed all the way down, trolling motor, batteries, power pole, ice and drinks but no passengers at 6 1/2” at the transom port side and 7” starboard side (ice, drinks, and trolling motor guide mount are starboard). With anglers on the bow, she poles and fishes shallower than 8” even with my 270# on the platform.
That’s awesome man! That is a beautiful skiff!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Vehicle Aerospace engineering Aircraft
Have you tried the swing tongue yet? Mines in build now and did the same. Praying i can fit it in the garage. Im scared the 90 may have pushed it over but we'll see i guess.
She’s tight but fits 19’7” deep garage with a 6” step up on floor the last 3’ that will not allow motor trimmed all the way down.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
299 Posts
Sweet ride! Love the layout of the EVO! What speeds are you getting? Congrats again
I have been playing with props a good bit with my Evo X/Zuke 90 and these are my best numbers so far loaded for a regular day, fuel topped off prior to launch, casting platform, tackle and gear. This run was with current into the wind at 7-10mph (average). Prop is a Merc Laser 2 22p.
Electronics Electronic device Technology Multimedia Gps navigation device
Electronics Technology Electronic device Multimedia

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.