Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You lucky dog ,a new Gheenoe ! What are you getting ? I have a 15/6. Yes there a few good lakes around Cashiers small but nice . And Lake Chatuge is big and great camping ,about 60mi.I am in Canton and go to Chatuge a lot .Look on Google maps. I love Charleston ,use to go there on Coast Guard stuff.Let me know when you are coming and I could show you around and go Gheenoeing .I think the rivers up here are not good Gheenoe water ,rocks ,too swift. Later.Dan.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dan!! Sorry been MIA for a while here! I am due to pick up mid- to late August. LT 25 with a 20hp. The wait is killin me!!! :)
I was going to put a 20 hp. on my 15/4 , but found out there are huge fines for overpowering over the USCG rating on your craft. Called Gheenoe and they said ,it was true ,that they cant put a over rated motor on a boat . And if you do you cant get Ins.So I am stuck with a 10 hp. If I get rich I will get a 18 with a 50 on it. If you get up here give me a call we can get fishing ,or call and I can turn you on to some other places .Dan,828-492-0029

·
Registered
25 Posts
First time with the new/used motor. I used a trolling motor The week after Memorial day on Fontana Lake. 2 mile to a boat house we rented. I plan on working on the Gheenoe before Duck season comes in. Paint job, electrical, Nav lights. spot light.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm from Hickory area. Going to Fontana July 5-7. In my 15'4" Gheenoe with Honda 5hp.
I am in the Morganton area. I have a 15’4 with a 9.9 but it’s an old motor and I am not to impressed. Think we could meet up one day and you could take me for a spin with yours and that 5hp

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am in the Morganton area. I have a 15’4 with a 9.9 but it’s an old motor and I am not to impressed. Think we could meet up one day and you could take me for a spin with yours and that 5hp
My wife and I put in at Lake James on Tuesday and my motor maxed out at 9mph. Better than paddling.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
If any of you guys are coming to the Brooksville area we have a great place to run a gheenoe . we do have some rocks/dead fall but if you go slow you will be fine ...

" I think the rivers up here are not good Gheenoe water ,rocks ,too swift." Later.Dan.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts