Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Louisiana marsh for the first time. fished for 3 days straight. VERY low water levels. low tides were in the morning, which made getting out of the ditches challenging (trim it n pin it). Biggest challenge---full moon + with huge front= record low water levels. I believe the majority of the bulls fled to deeper water. this also made navigating difficult.

Friday- post front conditions-sunny,cold,windy in morning. ran to the outer marsh islands in search of goldfish. Found a good size school of fish. Caught a couple slot fish and 2 bulls.

Saturday-warmer, less wind, more cloud cover. ran back to outer islands. caught a couple big black drum and a couple slot redfish.

Sunday-WINDY. hid from the wind in the inner marsh and still sight fished redfish in bays and edges. then ended the trip sheepshead fishing on structure. got a couple.

overall unbelievable trip. learned a lot. definitely going back during a normal tide cycle. we were happy with how we did, but my dream of having huge floating pumpkins in front of the skiff with fly rod in hand did not happen. so I gotta go back.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks like a good trip!

Reactions: Ricky Wolbert
1 - 3 of 3 Posts