Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen,
Looking for pics and descriptions of power pole installs on the subject skiffs. I’m particularly interested pump locations and hose routing...and just pics in general. I’m planning to mount a 6 foot on port side between tab motor and outboard, but all pics are of interest.

·
Registered
Just livin’ my life easy come easy go...
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great! That’s the location I was planning on. Pretty slick set up. Where is the pump located on the port side one?

·
I Love microskiff.com!
510 Posts
One thing I learned about pumps. If you can install them where you don't have to unscrew them from the floor, when you need to take the cap off, it makes repair so much faster. I've been through 4 caps and 3 or 4 circuit boards and it was a pain unscrewing the pump and sliding it forward so I could get a screwdriver onto the cap screws. When my hydraulic hose blew I moved it to the front of the hatch so I can just unscrew the cap. So much better for repair. Don't know anything about EC hatches though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gentlemen,
Looking for pics and descriptions of power pole installs on the subject skiffs. I’m particularly interested pump locations and hose routing...and just pics in general. I’m planning to mount a 6 foot on port side between tab motor and outboard, but all pics are of interest.

you can call us at the shop and we can show you via video or walk you through the install if you need it?
~ Kevin

·
Registered
77 Posts
I don’t want to hijack this thread, but: I’m about to reinstall the twin 8’ power poles on my Baycraft. They came loose which was a bit of a surprise. I found the bolts only finger tight. There is no information on the correct torque in the fitting instructions. The maunfacturer tell me this is because it ‘depends on the transom’. Any thoughts on getting the correct torque? I also found the rubber washers had completely deteriorated after less than a year. Curious how often people change them, or if they upgrade?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts