SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for the right skiff

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by T1mb3rW0lf, Jul 10, 2009.

1. T1mb3rW0lf

T1mb3rW0lf I Love microskiff.com!

I have been interested in getting a micro skiff to compliment my bigger boat.  I am hoping to find a person with the right skiff to trade for a 2005 polaris predator and trailer.  I apologize if this isn't the right forum for this post up front.  I can provide pictures of the quad if there is interest and ask that you would reply with the same.  The quad is in excellent condition and the trailer is in good shape , I would like to find a skiff in comparable condition.  Please reply or pm me for more info.  I am in the NPR/ Tampa Bay area.

thanks for looking

2. T1mb3rW0lf

bump - guys is there any other place I can post this that might draw some interest, I really want to get my hands on a smaller boat so I can sneak out to fish more as I find time. I know this is an awesome community and if you all have any suggestions for other forums that I might get some interest I would really appreciate it , I would post to craiglist but I find in my dealings there that it is a very mixed bag.  Thanks in advance ;)

3. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

You're on the right track here, but you've only had it posted for a couple days, give it some time. Also try over at the CG forum, and the FS forum. Lots of hunters on the FS forum, they may be able to help you out there.

-T

4. T1mb3rW0lf

Thanks Tom , they say that sometimes ignorance is bliss , but in this case I need help what are the cg and fs forums ?  :-[

thanks again

5. Un-shore

Un-shore Well-Known Member

custom gheenoe and florida sportsman.

6. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

For a trade like that, I'd say Craigslist, and Florida Sportsman.

7. T1mb3rW0lf

yeah I am gonna probably avoid craiglist , probably any number of people here who have used craigslist will tell you its a pretty mixed bag.  I have been thinking about it some and in honesty I am not sure that even this is the right place, I kind of feel like most people here have there #1 hobby ( fishing or hunting ). Trail riding on a machine like this might be too much for alot of people here as well. My guess is that most of the people here are about my age and a weekend of riding takes about a week to recover from.  The flip side of it is I probably have about all told 11.5k invested and while I know toys like this and boats that you really do take a hit no matter how new you keep them.  But I am really happy you all have been supportive and maybe I will reach my target audience here, someone who might be in need of a change.

8. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

You can try in the off roading forums. I know there's an ATV forum I was a member of a while back.

9. T1mb3rW0lf

Finally I have figured it out Picture Time !!

[​IMG]

10. T1mb3rW0lf

Re: Looking for the right skiff ***** NOW WITH PICS !!!

all of the above can be super sized here http://www.myfishingpictures.com/showphoto.php/photo/159990

thanks for looking

11. bruno36

bruno36 Well-Known Member

my wife would kill me but i like

12. T1mb3rW0lf

patiently waiting for the right deal still  ;D

13. JRyanL

JRyanL I Love microskiff.com!

My $.02...Sell the Polaris and then look with cash. Those trade deals are hard to find. Someone will always feel like they lost out, and it's a coin toss on whether or not it would be you. Just my opinion, sell it out right and then buy the skiff you want. Craigslist is difficult, but you can sell stuff on there if you filter out the bs.

14. kershelbarfield

kershelbarfield Well-Known Member

If you don't want to post your set up on craigslist then just go lurking around craigslists for sellers that are considering trades. I actually see alot of people on there that specifically want dirtbikes or ATVs for their skiffs. Sick predator set up by the way ;D

15. T1mb3rW0lf

Trade COMPLETE !!! : Looking for the right skiff

SOLD **** wait ... Traded I got a 2004 j16 with a 2004 40 hp yamaha... This is a bigger boat then I wanted but it is really nice so I had to do the deal its in great shape I guess I will post some pics in the bragging section.. I feel it was dam worth the wait but man oh man am I sad to see that quad go its sort of like losing an old friend.