Looking for some sympathy...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by skinny_water, Mar 23, 2009.

1. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

Alright...so I played hockey last night and had way too much energy after they game.  And went to sleep when I really should have tried to burn it off some how.   :eek:

Which led to me waking up at 2:45 this morning cause of a bad dream...and thought...I'm not crazy...so now I have to explain it to people that would understand...

(I know I already lost half the readers of this post with that last comment...I don't care...I'm awake when I should be sleepin!)

I drempt that I found a gill net full of reds in one of my secret spots.  I played through the senario 5 or 6 times about what I would do if I found it.  Things like who I would call, if I should take it out of the water (or leave it...cause they might be able to find fingerprints or something?!), should I bang on my PP (or would that attact more fish?!), what if something big was in it, would I cut all the fish out and leave it, if I did cut out all the fish how they would fix the net...trust me I thought of it all, and now I am wide awake.

After I woke up, I remembered that I saw a boat leaving that area.  I thought, hey thats a weird looking crab trap boat.  It was a 21ft Carolina Skiff, 9hp motor (couldn't get up on plane), and the notch cut out on the stern...and it didn't occur to me untill after I woke up...that was a net boat!  :-/

So today after lunch I am going to be taking the boat out and heading over my secret spot to check it out.

2. Taterides

Taterides Well-Known Member

What the heck. Go take a look. Let us know what you find. Or better yet tell us where the secret spot is ;). Worst case is you go out for a little ride.

3. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

Here's what you do if you find an illegal net:

http://www.myfwc.com/ABOUT/LE/About_LE_Alert.htm

4. skinny_water

skinny_water Well-Known Member

lol, I really thought you were going to google what my dreams ment.

I didn't see anything about gill nets, just taking too much of a game fish...I guess that would apply

5. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

24 hour hotline,
    reward given for information leading to conviction,
    for all Florida wildlife violations,
    we call them, they call the correct agency,
    simple easy to remember cell numbers,
    *FWC or #FWC (depends on your service provider)
    you could end up with enough reward money for a new engine!