Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to start looking for a house to buy. I really want to get a house on a lake that holds tarpon, snook and peacock. Idea would be to get out there on a kayak/paddle board from the back yard. I know there is a lot of areas that hold all three but I’d prefer to be on a bigger lake if possible. Obviously fishing/kayaking has to be allowed for residents. Am I asking for to much or is this a possibility in the plantation area?

·
Registered
702 Posts
Possible for sure... Jacaranda area, not really a large lake, but plenty of connected water.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Glad to hear there are options out there. I know things don’t last and buying a house for these reasons is ridiculous. One person can ruin it for everyone. It happened to my Father in law in the lake behind his house. They demolished the peacock population and now all that’s is left is Mayan Cichlids. But I want to live on the water/lake anyways so the tarpon/peacock/snook would just be a bonus.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any update on the search?
You know... I really wish I had an update so I can get the hell out of Hialeah haha. But I’ve realized that I can’t afford the house I want right now. Prices are HIGH in my opinion. Then again I’m coming from Jacksonville where things were more reasonable and I like to live below my means.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I live on a large lake in pembroke pines bordered by flamingo road to the west, hiatus to the east and taft to the north, large lake with large largemouth, peackocks, and tarpon.
Wait a minute, there are tarpon in there!? If I'm thinking of the same spot, I spent many years fishing that lake and caught plenty of large mouth and peacock, but never tarpon. I did, however, catch them in the canal on Flamingo. I also may or may not have caught some monsters in the lake by the hospital/mall right there. Gotta be quick because they'll toss you out in no time flat, but it was always worth it for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts