Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the market for a hewes lappy for 10-12k, not having much luck. I’d like to stay within 2 hours of Jacksonville but I’m will to go farther for a good boat. Thanks for the help

·
I Love microskiff.com!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So maybe someone can help me out, these are all great boats. But when I go onto NADA to check values they are way less like 5-7k less. I’ll need a bank loan for the boat and they go off of NADA. For example the 98 hewes above (nice looking boat) I’m getting $9,500 so that is what the bank would be willing to finance.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
So maybe someone can help me out, these are all great boats. But when I go onto NADA to check values they are way less like 5-7k less. I’ll need a bank loan for the boat and they go off of NADA. For example the 98 hewes above (nice looking boat) I’m getting $9,500 so that is what the bank would be willing to finance.
Can you get a boat loan on a 21 yearold boat? I thought most lenders wanted less than 15 years old.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got approved for a 1977 hewes but I couldn’t get them to come down on price. I’m sure I’m like most people it all comes down to monthly payments. That’s why I’m looking at older boats.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
What's sad is in the eyes of a bugman loan officer, some three year old POS hurricane deck boat is worth more than a '99 Whip. They just don't know...or maybe we're the weird ones.

·
Registered
469 Posts
could look into a loan through lightstream, I financed 50% of my almost 31 year old boat no questions asked. no penalties for paying early, fair interest rates

1 - 13 of 13 Posts