Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a cheap but reliable micro skiff. It just needs to be the hull. I was eyeing the skimmerskiff 14,6 rolled deck model which is 3600 bucks. Just wanted to know of any other good hulls or companies that sell for that price. I wil pair it with a 10-20 hp outboard. Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, If anyone knows anything about Johnsen skiffs and if they are any good? I saw one for sale in jacksonville. Do they pole well and how skinny can they get.

B

·
0 Posts
Or contact boatbrains as he's tooling up to start building skiffs pm him I'm sure he could help you out.
I liked this, but wanted to say “ I really like this”! I am several months out from having tooling complete, but if you can wait I’ll give ya a great deal on a sweet skiff!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What style would it be, I mean would it be modeled like a ipb or a sm. Would it be all composite or would it have wood. I’m not even sure about buying right know. I want a skiff that can get really shallow but that doesn’t break the bank at all. I also don’t want anything bigger than 14 feet. I live in the Carolinas but get down around Tampa bay every once and a while. It would be something me and my grandfather would rig. I might not even be able to get a skiff for a few years anyway. Finally, how shallow could I get in a 14 foot deep v fiberglass Jon boat. Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I liked this, but wanted to say “ I really like this”! I am several months out from having tooling complete, but if you can wait I’ll give ya a great deal on a sweet skiff!
Do you have any pictures of what the boat you are going to build or what it will look like

B

·
0 Posts
Pics will be coming soon! She is 17’10” though so a little out of your size needs. I would check with Mel at Ankona, I’d love to sell ya a skiff but this one won’t fit your needs. The folks at Ankona will have something and are great people also, James

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6428C657-26DF-40EF-B3A1-898D4CBBC4DE.jpeg
I could do the 17, I had a 14 foot trailer that’s why. I also wouldn’t really want to put much on it this is how I would rig a skiff

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just really like the skimmer skiff 14 design. It also had great pricing and reviews. I also liked how shallow draft it has. I saw your post on the boat you are going to build with all the specks. Sound really nice. I would probably run my skiff tiller steer and would want a boat light brought for 2 guys to easily lift off a trailer. Would the boat you are going to build be able to do all that. What would the hp range be. Thanks again for all the replies

B

·
0 Posts
If 17’10” will work, then I’d love to talk some more. It will be a minimum of 8 months before I can start production as of today. I am still a ways out from haveing hull number one done and then have to build molds/tooling. But if you are patient and not in a hurry...

B

·
0 Posts
Lil’ dude, are you really only 13? If so, concentrate on school bud! Get a little aluminum jon and have fun with it. Save your pennies for college/ trade school, get a good job/career going and then buy what ever skiff ya want! I think many on the forum will agree.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It something me and my grandpa like to do. As I said earlier I wasn’t really ready to buy. I just wanted to know some info on boats. Me and my grandpa like buying boats and I wanted to know prices and models. I wouldn’t buy till I was done with high school but if I did it would be for me and my brother to fish around Charleston.

B

·
0 Posts
Ok, just makin sure. Nothin wrong with what your doin! Buy low/ sell high! And if your real good, sell very high!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts