Looking for an Ipod Touch

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by islander1225, Dec 10, 2009.

1. islander1225

islander1225 Well-Known Member

Anybody on here have any connections in the retail business, the wife wants a ipod touch for xmas and i just cant bring myself to pay full price of 200 bucks for one.

Alex

2. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

check CL my Son in law found two at a good price.

3. islander1225

thanks for the info, i checked there already and i am looking for a brand new one, basically looking for someone that works at a store that sells them and can hook me up with an employee discount.

Alex

4. DuckNut

DuckNut Brandon, FL

Just an FYI...at most retail stores it is a policy that if an employee gets caught buying what is considered "hot" items for resale, or uses an unfair method to procure these items that employee can get fired. Target, Wally's, Best Buy, Lowes, Toy's, HD Game stop are just some of the ones with this type of policy.

5. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

My biggest fear with craigslist electronics,
    is that I'll need asbestos gloves to use them.
    I'll always wonder just how "hot" they are.

6. islander1225

i WORKED IN RETAIL FOR OVER 8 YEARS BEFORE MY CURRENT JOB, I KNOW ALL ABOTU THESE POLICIES, I AM NOT ASKING FOR ANYONE TO STEAL ANYTHING, IT IS ACTUALLY PRETTY SIMPLE.

eMPLOYEE FINDS OUT EMPLOYEE PRICE FOR ITEM, THEN TELLS ME THEN I GIVE THEM CASH FOR IT TO BUY IT. LIKE I SAID VERY SIMPLE.

ALEX

7. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Try apple.com and look under their refurbs. At time there are some killer deals there.

-T

8. islander1225

YEP LOOKED THERE TOO LOL, ACTUALLY FOUND A 10% OFF COUPON FOR BEST BUY AND JUST BOUGHT IT THERE, THE APPLE SITE HAD 1 BUT IT WAS A 2NG GEN AND SHE WANTS THE 3RD GEN SO.

ALEX

9. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

Why on Earth would you even consider a player with DRM ?!

If I cant Dump its contents I don't want it !!!