SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a ram lin trailer

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Sheremeta, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Sheremeta

Sheremeta Well-Known Member

I am looking for a black ram lin trailer for a LT 25

2. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

Check with Brad or Kevin at IPB / ECC, they had one for sale a while ago. If you're just looking for a nice torsion axle trailer check with Float-On or Continental, they both make a very nice aluminum frame torsion axle trailer and it may even be cheaper than a Ramlin.

3. Sheremeta

thanks, I am looking for a cradle style trailer so I dont have to "climb" into by boat while its on the trailer. I would also like to launch without getting the hubs wet.

4. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

To me having a trailer be more $$$$$$$ then my hull doesn't make sense. Ram-lin does not sell straight to the public unless you get a connection.

5. Lt25

Lt25 I Love microskiff.com!

Check the old posts in the classifieds.  There was a black one on here or the CG site a while back.  Better check with the CG shop because I don't believe they will fit if it's setup for a gladesman!  The LT is too wide for the ramlin that's setup for a gladesman.

6. Sheremeta

Good point. So finding a used one would be next to impossible. A new build would be around 2k, almost half the cost of the hull.

7. gasman311

gasman311 I Love microskiff.com!

Maybe showing my ignorance here, but why a torsion axle trailer for a hull that weighs way less than 1000 lbs?

8. Sheremeta

Adam. You are 100% correct but I dont want one because of the axle, I want the boat to sit as low as possible on the trailer.

9. TheBrazilNut

TheBrazilNut Guest

there are some things to the basic continental trailer to make the skiff lower.

Switch to 8" tires
    flip the axle

OR

find a used Hells Bay Gladeskiff and keep the trailer and sell the hull. ::)

10. Gramps

Gramps Living & Dying in 3/4 Time

I know I'm derailing, I apologize...

Have you ever towed a boat with a torsion axle? The suspension actually words, the boat doesn't get beat up by the trailer. There was a place I had to cross rail road tracks heading to the ramp and every time slowed to a crawl otherwise the trailer & boat would nearly launch off the road. Do the same with a torsion axle and the boat/trailer bumps but doesn't act like it's ready for lift off.

Besides, the torsion axle allows the trailer to sit much lower. If you just want a low trailer, do what B-Nut said and save a load of cash.

11. Snookdaddy

Snookdaddy Well-Known Member

12. Lt25

Lt25 I Love microskiff.com!

This is the one I researched and was told it will not fit an Lt-25.  You may be able to do some modifications to make it fit, but as it is i was told it will not work.  Just FYI!

13. swaddict

swaddict Thread Killer

this guy is selling a classic with a ramlin trailer, maybe you could find out more info from him

http://orlando.craigslist.org/boa/2567799713.html