SOLD/EXPIRED looking for a project gheenoe/canoe!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by paint it black, Sep 15, 2008.

1. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

I'm looking for a project gheenoe, or canoe. Something cheap, that needs work. Although I still have my 14 foot skiff,I regret selling my jon boat! I knew I should have kept it!  I want something that I can throw in the bed of my truck and just throw it at any canal/lake that I want. There's so many spots that I fish at that there are no boat ramps at, so I  can't launch my skiff.

2. snooknreds2

snooknreds2 Well-Known Member

I have a john boat with a clean title that I might want to sell :)

3. paint it black

How much? I'm looking for a project so that it'll be cheap cheap, and I can fix it.

4. oldschool

oldschool "Old School"  '67 Wellcraft

Got a fifteen ft lowsider you can have for 500. started work on it but didn't finish. Paint and some electrical.

5. snooknreds2

str8 you have a pm. I will be going to pick up that lucraft in homestread tomorrow after work (if all goes as I plan) Maybe I could drop off the john boat to you on the way...

6. paint it black

any pics? where are you located? thats a bit more than I would like to spend, but if I like it then I can't go wrong.

7. snooknreds2

i Will be heading down to homestead tomorrow I can bring you the john boat if you want. I was looking for $100-$150 and can even bring you a piece of marine grade that you would spend $90 on to rebuild the transom. If i brought you the marine grade I would like to get more towards the $150. It is a good boat and to be honest I dont even want to get ride of it but it is just sitting there and if you can use it then I want you to have it.

8. paint it black

Hey man I called you and you didn't answer. I think I remember you telling me that it was v-hull back when we were going to take it out fishing. Does it have any cracks, loose rivets, and how many leaks does it have? I'm really interested. I wanted a gheenoe/canoe but I'll settle for a jon boat.

I paid 50 for my last 12 foot v-hull jon boat, and my buddy got a 13 foot gheenoe and 14 foot jon for free. Where are all those deals at nowadays...lol But anyway, 100 sounds good. A friend and I are going half on it because we want something to mess with while we're not out on the skiff. We don't need the wood we already have some. I just would like to know exactly how bad the leaks are, and if it's too banged up. We would just paint it and throw some rod holders and call it a day.

9. paint it black

As soon as I got the boat home, I put her on stands and filled it up with water. The only leak is the one you told me about. I'm just going to stick some bolts through it with some lock nuts. I will cover the screw in 5200 before sticking it through the hole; that should fix the problem. I'm still tryna to figure out if I should go with camo paint, or just paint it a charcoal metallic color on the outside, and a flat black on the inside and call it a day. Some paddles, a trolling motor, and I'm good to go. As soon as I get her going you're invited to come down to our freshie tarpon spot. I would love to find a little 5hp or something like that to slap on it but who knows. I rather take my skiff to a mechanic before spending that money on a outboard for this one.

10. snooknreds2

eric it was nice to meet you. I will come down and fish that lake for sure!!!!! I am glad to know that was the only leak in there. Like I said I used to joke about how that is the only john boat in the world that does not leak, until that one hole came around. Maybe instead of a bolt, cause then you will have it sticking out and in the way, just use JBWeld, Or use those sticks I gave you....just wear shoes and dont drop the melted pieces on your foot like I did :D I am excited to see what you get her to look like

11. paint it black

The boat's already painted. I'm almost done with it. I just needa finish painting the floor. I used some rubberized bed liner paint for the floor but I ran out half way through. I got to go pick up some more. I also purchased a 7.5 outboard for it. The motor needs the spring in the pull start changed. I have to manually rewind the rope after each pull. It's a real pain in the ass, but it runs. lol I ended up finding another hole in it, but its high on the side. I don't believe its under the waterline so ot shouldn't be a problem. I already covered the little holes with tiny screw, can't even notice. I will hopefully take it out today to get it wet and make sure there's no more leaks with it in an actual lake.