Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
I actually spoke to John yesterday about late feb or early March. He seemed like a great fella, I'd seen him mentioned on here in the past.

I sold the skiff and moved west to CO for hunting and work just over a year ago. I've got the itch bad for chsing some reds. Figured a trip out to fish the lowcountry and look for houses is in order.

Might piggy-back off these recommendations as well.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Anybody know which on of these guides fishes an HPXS? Looking to combine a trip out with some time on an S and a HB Pro...found a guide with a Pro.

·
Registered
191 Posts
John Irwin fishes a late-model HB Pro.
I spoke to John...plan to spend a morning with him.

Also trying to find someone local who guides on an HPX-S.

Looking to spend time on both boats, and would rather fish while I'm at it, then just set up a wet test with the local MBG dealer.

·
Panhandler
2,727 Posts
Roger. Chris and Johnny Crislip were both using Hells Bays if I recall when I fished with them many moons ago. Sure they've upgraded rides since. Both are excellent guides who know the area well.

·
Lowcountry Degen
2021 Conchfish 17.8
1,822 Posts
I spoke to John...plan to spend a morning with him.

Also trying to find someone local who guides on an HPX-S.

Looking to spend time on both boats, and would rather fish while I'm at it, then just set up a wet test with the local MBG dealer.
Mike Able might fish one, but I can't remember.

It's also likely that the MBG guys would know of a captain using one in the area.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mike Able might fish one, but I can't remember.

It's also likely that the MBG guys would know of a captain using one in the area.
Mike runs an 18’, as does Ben Alderman.
Not sure of anyone running a S.
Harry Tomlinson (really good guide as well) runs a micro, the predecessor to the S, and a perfect rig for shallow water fishing in the Lowcountry.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts