SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a Gheenoe classic hull, project

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Mar 31, 2013.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Looking for a beater gheenoe classic hull to start a project with. Not interested in the 15 hi-sider.

I do not need a motor, or poling platform, or any extras. If it needs work, needs a new transom, etc., that's what I'm looking for. I'm going to completely gut the boat so condition won't scare me.

PM with with what you have.

2. AfterHours2

AfterHours2 Stripper in my own Mind!

What are you looking to spend? I have a 96 that could use a little work but not much...

3. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

As little as possible... ;) Tell me you were expecting any other answer?? :)

I'm looking to do a complete make-over with it, strip the hull of seat benches, etc. so even if it's rough inside and needs transom work, paint is faded, etc. that's fine. In fact that's exactly what I'm looking for.

Makes no sense to buy a hull for $1k and then cut the insides out.

I know someone out there's got a beater laying around and could use some dead presidents in their pocket.

-T

4. cutrunner

cutrunner Cert. Yamaha technician

Sorry for the derail Tom, but have you seen Kreepas 13 build? Its going to be the most nicely fit and finished gheenoe on earth

5. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Just caught it, thanks. Definitely out of my talent league. I'm looking to build an army tank/swiss army sorta thing that's gonna get used/abused in remote places, not a purdy boat.

-T

6. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

bump it... can't believe a beater classic is hard to find!?!??!

-T

7. brian34266

brian34266 I Love microskiff.com!

Shoot me a text if you want I have a 13' classic. 863-990-1791 Brian

8. bucknasty07

bucknasty07 I Love microskiff.com!

If you find one that you are not interested in, please send them my way. I may be interested. I am also looking for a decent Classic.

9. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Still looking

10. fishinjeff

fishinjeff Well-Known Member

I am getting close to part with my 93 Classic. I read you post some time ago and have been thinking of it. I need the trailer and the motor needs some "lower unit broken bolt issues" SO maybe just selling the boat my be the best idea. The only part is worrying I might need it for duck season. It's night quite a beater and I am not sure how much I'd want to sell just the boat. The transom and area was redone many years ago. It has the front deck, camo paint...what else can I tell you? Im in Orlando area. I don't know if I have any recent pics so I can go over and take a picture tomorrow if it stops raining long enough. Let me know your thought(s)...

11. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Jeff, that might work. I'm in for a hull only and it doesn't need to be in good shape. In fact it doesn't make sense to buy a perfect condition hull for what I'm looking to do with it so even if it's beat up I'm game if the price is right.

Use it for duck season if you need it and then let's talk.

12. marshman

marshman just try to follow me....i dare ya...

i wish they were easier to find...id love to have one...i only want a hull, i have everything else...

13. southedisto

southedisto Well-Known Member

not mine and not a classic, but the price is right...

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1984-Gheenoe-15%274%26quot%3B-102097590

14. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

That price IS right! Isn't someone on here looking for a 13' hull? You could cut this one short and re-do the transom.

STILL LOOKING FOR A BEAT-UP CLASSIC HULL

-T