Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Looking for a fishing friend

1253 37
Hey guys, I am slightly new here. I have been fishing my whole life I am 29 years old and I live in Central Florida. I have a 16‘6“ Skimmer Skiff polling skiff and I am trying to branch out and get together to fish and make friends With some like-minded guys from around here. Since the beginning of this year, I have been exploring mosquito lagoon and Ozello mostly, but I have branched out to Jacksonville once so far and I am very interested in flyfishing now. I normally go out with the wife, but I really need to go out with some guys that are on my level and fly fish as well. I am new to fly fishing , and hopefully this winter we can get together and catch some fish in some skinny water. I’m open to fish anywhere, if you have a boat great we can take turns running each !

For anyone interested in making long term friends and doing some fishing while at it shoot me a message.
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

· Registered
2022 Skimmer Skiff 16’6” - 2022 Suzuki DF60A
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I think it’s a mandatory requirement for all new transplants to fish out there..lol.. But it honestly is a great area, with several different options. Also a great a place to donate a prop or lower unit to the fishing gods..😂😂
FMT card ftw

· Registered
Salt Marsh Heron 16
74 Posts
We have a fly club in Jacksonville. Great group of guys and we have monthly outings and meetings. Check it out! FCFF.org

I'm happy to fish either Thursday or Friday pretty much every week. I'm also new to fly fishing but the club has been great for learning!

· Registered
110 Posts
We have a fly club in Jacksonville. Great group of guys and we have monthly outings and meetings. Check it out! FCFF.org

I'm happy to fish either Thursday or Friday pretty much every week. I'm also new to fly fishing but the club has been great for learning!
Ive looked into this club im sire i will be joining it at some point when im ready to learn how to fly fish!

· Registered
2022 Skimmer Skiff 16’6” - 2022 Suzuki DF60A
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

I’ll check it out , thank you

· Registered
1,231 Posts
Angelo's is great, but I didn't even eat there last season. They are having trouble getting enough employees. Only open 4 days when I was there. My buddy went and said food was still excellent, but he had to wait 1.5 hrs for it, a little long for me after chasing poon all day. Did eat at the trader, but like usual mostly cooked.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts