Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I’m from SE Georgia and have fished for Redfish and Trout my whole life. I’m turning 31 soon and I’m tired of being at the mercy of others to go fishing. My truck will be paid off in 2-3 months so I’ll be serious about it then. I’m thinking about a used LT25 or Pirahna Boarworks P140(C). I want to fit two bigger guys, a livewell, center console, and enough room for a cooler. I would like raised decks and a poling platform. If you guys have any recommendations or things to look out for I’d appreciate it. Either way I’ll be lurking here trying to learn

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Depending on what your budget is, I can help you get into a Salt Marsh or an Ankona skiff.

B

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Depending on what your budget is, I can help you get into a Salt Marsh or an Ankona skiff.
I was looking at a used market, I guess I should’ve specified. Probably 10k budget
I believe a Shadowcast 16 would fit your budget, even with a power upgrade! Had one on my lawn a couple weeks ago and it’s a sweet little skiff for sure! Good luck with your search, James!

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,412 Posts
Welcome GARedfish.

You might want to post a WTB listing in the Microskiffs for Sale section. There are a couple on there now close to or under your budget. But a WTB post always seems to bring out those members who are contemplating a change and it might help shorten the search. Be ready to move fast and possibly travel--good deals don't last long.

·
Ankona Sales Rep
2,879 Posts
I was looking at a used market, I guess I should’ve specified. Probably 10k budget
Yeah if you keep it simple we can get you in a new 1444 for about that much.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You'll be amazed what pops up on CL or here on Sunday nights after a weekend of house shopping...with what you're looking for at 10k its doable in the used market from what I've seen. If you would consider a tiller I'd say for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts