SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for a cheap CANOE

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by fish4reds, Feb 19, 2009.

1. fish4reds

fish4reds Well-Known Member

I am looking for a canoe (any size/flat back or standard back) in fair shape. I have a max price of $100 to spend on this. I'm interested in all materials, anything from fiberglass, plastic, or aluminum.

By fair condition I mean little to no leaks with light fiberglass or patch work at most. Keep in mind I'm tight on money and I'm not looking for a mint condition ride, just something I can put a little work into so i can pole around the NMZ.

Austin

2. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Do a search for "Indian River Canoe" on craigslist or local forums. They are inexpensive but decent canoes, and are a dime a dozen, meaning resale value is nil.

-T

3. fish4reds

Thanks for the heads up, I've seen a few on Craigslist for around $200, but that's a bit rich for my blood right now.

4. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Do not be afraid to make a very low offer for things you see on CL. A LOT of people are hurting right now and will take whatever they can get.

I just bought a $395 sea anchor for $30, in perfect shape. Found some other deals similiar on other items, so keep looking and don't be afraid to offer what you can afford.

Unfortunate sign of the times, but if you're looking to buy it's definately a buyer's market.

-T

5. phishphood

phishphood Beer is good, Beer is good, and stuff!

Got just what you are lookinig for. 14ft American Eagle standard canoe. No work needed other than a good scrubbing. It also has 2 swivel seats with bench brackets that make thinigs a bit more comfortable. Let me know if you're interested.

6. fish4reds

Email sent.

7. phishphood

Sent one back at ya.

8. fish4reds

Thanks for the great deal....I will put it to some good use.

9. phishphood

Feel free to send more money if you want. ;D ;D

Enjoy it. Put it to good use and lets see some fish pics out of it.

Good luck with the baby on the way. April 9th would be a good day.
    That's my b'day.