SOLD/EXPIRED looking for a bow trolling motor mount

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by TomFL, Oct 23, 2007.

1. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

Anyone have one for my hi-sider?

Bueller? Bueller??????

-T

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

The one from Custom Gheenoe will mount to the rails nicely. If I was in a highsider I would make one of these for myself. Maybe two. One for the front and another a bit wider for the back.

[​IMG]

3. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

Since I posted pictures of my highsider with the custom aluminum trolling motor mount I built, I've been asked a handful of times if I'd make another one. I never really thought about building more, but it seems like people are looking for durable, functional and good-looking alternatives. If I could produce these in the $50-$60 range, would there be any interest?

[​IMG]

If it seems like there is, I'll look into material costs and see if it would be worthwhile...

4. JIMMYZ750

JIMMYZ750 Well-Known Member

At that price I'll take two!!!! ;D

Is that one in the picture riveted or bolted on? :-? :-?

5. HaMm3r

HaMm3r Well-Known Member

Mine...the prototype I guess you'd call it...is bolted thru the nosecap, the rails and my front deck. It's proven to be extremely strong, as I've run into a dock, a tree branch and the bottom hard enough to knock me off my feet and flex the mount, but it just sprang right back without a mark on it. If I were to proceed with this, it would bolt thru the nosecap and rails.

I'll look into a reliable source for the aluminum next week, and we'll see where it goes from there...

6. TomFL

TomFL Well-Known Member

HaMm3r, what length trolling motor shaft are you using with that mount? I would be interested in two of them, keep me informed on what you find out with the suppliers.

Thanks!

-Tom

7. Big_Fish

Big_Fish Well-Known Member

check out birdsall marine