Look what I got my daughter for her Birthday !

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FtIslandTrailMan, Jul 5, 2012.

1. FtIslandTrailMan

FtIslandTrailMan Bug Slinger !

My Step daughter is turning 17 this sunday, she had a rough road starting last November when she had to get a tumor removed from her brain. She was having seizers and we found a tumor, so december it was removed, she had to have her long beautiful hair shaved off. She's taken it all like a trooper. So for her fighting for her life and coming out on top I got her this 1997 Porche Boxer in mint condition.
    One owner, original 102,000 miles, the owner had it covered up in his shop and it hadn't been drove in a year.
    There is nothing wrong with this car, no dings, no scratches, leather interior is like new. Heck the guy had another porche under another cover beside this one, I didn't dare peek under it, lol
    I went to go look at his 1997 BMW Z3 he had for sale, but when I saw this and he let me drive it, I knew it was the perfect birthday gift for my precious angel. So this sunday we are throwing her a suprise birthday party, definately gonna be a kodak moment !
    Enjoy fella's, hopefully she'll let her dad drive it every once in awhile.. :D

[​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]
    [​IMG][/img]

2. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Its good to hear she is doing better. Thats a really cool gift. (Let me know if you want to adopt me  ;D  )

3. FtIslandTrailMan

lol, I wasnt trying to bragg on here, I just love my daughter and wanted to share and bragg about her !
    Nah......2 kids are enuff !

4. makin moves

makin moves Well-Known Member

I think that will make her smile ;)

5. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

I gotta admit that when I first saw the pic and the first sentence my first thought was shallow and typical. But I caught myself and realized that maybe there was a bit of jealousy to that thought. After reading a bit more I really started to feel shallow for thinking what I thought! Ugg
    Anyway, glad to hear that your daughter pulled through the ordeal. Man, I know, first hand, how emotionally draining it is to have a loved one go through it! I'm glad it's a done deal for you all and what a great way to celibrate the victory over the tumor! However, you're very lucky she didn't have a heart attack when you gave her the key! My goodness, she must have gone bonkers when she saw that car! ;) Congrats!

6. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

Enjoy, no gift is too much to celebrate the gift of life! :)

7. jladdsmith

jladdsmith I Love microskiff.com!

Great Job, Dad! 

Please post follow up pics or video of the moment, if that's ok with her.  Heartwarming. 

8. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

I think she will LOVE it!! what girl wouldn't want a convertible?? Not to mention July 7th is a GREAT day (it's my birthday too ;)) but seriously get some pics of her or video, just to hold on to, you'll never forget t, but it's good to have a copy ;D

9. FtIslandTrailMan

Yeah I didnt want to come across like I was boasting...
    As for what she did when she saw it, she hadnt yet, we have a suprise birthday for her this sunday, we wrapped a big red bow on it, its hidden in the shop, we have video and camera's setup for her peeing on herself moment.
    Here's the funny thing, I bought my wife a new SS Camaro today and traded my truck in on a new jeep Wrangler, my daughter thinks she is keeping the old honda, she couldn't break a smile seeing us with our new toys, needless to say she is peeeeeeed off, lol
    Sunday she will have a big suprise and take back all those mean things said about us to her friends ;D

10. FtIslandTrailMan

I will post pics of her shocked look, Ive been laughing all day watching her mope around, heck she didnt even want to take a ride in my new jeep today...lol

11. oysterbreath

oysterbreath Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, she's surely going to faint when she sees that instead of the honda. I see an "americas funniest home video" contender coming!

12. contenderv07

contenderv07 I Love microskiff.com!

Did she get it yet!!! Did she get it yet!!! Did she get it yet!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. FtIslandTrailMan

No.............its not until SUNDAY afternoon...
    Anticipation is killing me too, its wrapped in a big red bow waiting for the big suprise...
    Hold on to your britches ! geesh............lol

14. jladdsmith

jladdsmith I Love microskiff.com!

15. cvilt

cvilt I Love microskiff.com!

I have been chacking this thread several times a day ;). I hope all's well