SOLD/EXPIRED Long shot - WTB skiff near Wyoming

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by smuhlb, Jul 13, 2015.

1. smuhlb

smuhlb I Love microskiff.com!

It's a long shot I know but I'm wondering if anybody in the western US has a microskiff theyre looking to sell. Im open to just about anything fiberglass. Id prefer something with a console but it isnt a must. Im in Casper Wy and am willing to travel to meet. Let me know what youve got.

2. Lifeaquatic

Lifeaquatic I Love microskiff.com!

Call the North Platte River Fly Shop and talk to Mark.  He will likely know if there is something out there available.  Looking for tailing Carp?  I will be out there late July.  Good luck. 

3. Austin_Boudreaux

Austin_Boudreaux I Love microskiff.com!

These boats are made in Colorado. I think they are rotomolded plastic? Not fiberglass but look very sturdy/robust. Great looking little skiffs and chances are they should be some in your area.

http://www.hogislandboatworks.com/skiff_specifications.php

jimbo comeaux likes this.
  4. cchandler0409

cchandler0409 Well-Known Member

I have fished the Hog Island SW 16 quite a bit. Very nice boat and we fish 3 people out of it most of the time. They have options for a poling platform and run pretty well with the 15 Tohatsu we have on it. Solid boat too, we recently had a fairly large tree limb fall on it and the damage was cosmetic more than anything, besides the busted oar lock. The side kind of slowly moved back into place after the limb was removed. The draft on these are pretty much nothing as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

jimbo comeaux likes this.
  5. smuhlb

Carp, smallmouth, musky... Pretty much anything is a target. Ive looked at the Hog Islands on their site but Im not sure how well it will pole. Overall not real into the boat but I couldnt pinpoint why. Ive fished out of their drift boats and they are tanks. Ive seen a few skiffs for sale within a days drive but usually see the ads too late.

6. cchandler0409

You just named the 3 things we fish for out of my the one I posted above. I haven't tried poling it yet but if I can figure out how to get my 21' pole from my boat the 4 hours away the boat is I will test it out and let you know. All we have with that boat is a homemade 12' PVC job that is a pain to do anything with.

7. backcast

backcast I Love microskiff.com!

Have you considered the Solo Skiff? Now making a rotomolded model for $1700. I believe the fiberglass model weights about 130 lbs and could be shipped.

Joe

8. Bamajo

Bamajo I Love microskiff.com!

Looks like Brian's boat. He gonna let you use it while he is gone?

9. cchandler0409

It sure is. It is over at Justin's house and we have been fishing it while he is gone. He just got a flycraft for his time in Bend. Funny thing about the hog is we had it at Lake Purdy so they could service the engine and thats when the limb fell on it.

10. smuhlb

Chase, give an update if you ever get the chance to pole the Hog Island around.

Joe, Im looking for something I can fit at least two people in.

11. jimbo comeaux

jimbo comeaux Well-Known Member

I have had my hog island for a year and absolutely love it, runs shallow and floats even shallower,,,,I have the poling platform and a trolling motor for when i am fishing solo. these boats are rugged as hell..i have fished it from Port Mansfield,Texas to Venice, Louisiana...have a 30 HP Merc runs 25 to 27 mph with 2 men ice chest and gear...

12. MariettaMike

MariettaMike Wish'n I was Fish'n!

I was talking with Capt Gary Henderson that runs the fly shop over at Travel Country in Longwood, FL yesterday and he said Hog Island recently took him for a wet test on Lake Maitland. He was very impressed with the way the boat handled on the engine and the pole. Travel Country may get a demo boat to support selling them. (Travel Country is kinda like a high end REI with Green Eggs instead of bicycles. They may sell ham too? idk)

This roto molded skiff may be my answer for getting a beater boat to take into tidal creeks with lots of oysters, and the rocks on the Nature Coast.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
    tjtfishon likes this.
  13. rjackh90

rjackh90 I Love microskiff.com!

Check out Alvin w/ All Water Guides here in TX. He runs hog island boats on the lower colorado and seems to love them.

14. jimbo comeaux

jimbo comeaux Well-Known Member

15. tjtfishon

tjtfishon Well-Known Member

Take one for a ride. The dealer for Florida is in Apopka. You will love it!

16. Kevin Arculeo

Kevin Arculeo Well-Known Member

17. tjtfishon

tjtfishon Well-Known Member

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's one I just got last week

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Kevin Arculeo likes this.