Livetarget shrimp

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by habanalure, Jun 15, 2014.

1. habanalure

habanalure I Love microskiff.com!

Has anyone tried the Livetarget shrimp? Looks pretty impressive, wonder if it catches fish!

2. Throw Plastic

Throw Plastic Active Member

I see this is old but I kind of hope someone from Livetarget stumbles across it...

IMO, Livetarget shrimp are terrible. They look pretty real in the package. Aside from that, the action is weak, the hooks slide out with a hard cast leaving the shrimp to sit fugly on the hook and lastly - they fall apart, crazy fast.

I've tried the big and small sizes. Just last month. Same problems with both. There are less expensive options that hold up better and catch fish so... Again, just my opinion and your mileage may vary.

3. 1Fisher77316

1Fisher77316 Well-Known Member

If you like a great artificial shrimp take a look at marker 54 lures from here in Texas. They work..
    Tight lines
    1Fisher77316

Throw Plastic and Smackdaddy53 like this.
  4. Smackdaddy53

Smackdaddy53 Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!

My buddy Joshua Morris is the owner and inventor of these lures, great guy and great baits. I finally talked him into making a 3" hard bodied shrimp and I bought several today for sight casting.

GullsGoneWild and Throw Plastic like this.
  5. Throw Plastic

Throw Plastic Active Member

Thanks I'll check them out.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  6. DennisC

DennisC Active Member

I used to use them under a popping cork and catch trout all day. Their eyes pop off and they look less realistic after a few fish, but that doesn't seem to bother the trout. If I ever decide to use a popping cork I always go with the live target shrimp underneath.

7. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

I prefer the D.O.A. shrimp to all others. Very hardy and proven...

topnative2 likes this.
  8. Flatsaholic

Flatsaholic Well-Known Member

DOA shrimp and Vudu shrimp work great.

9. SomaliPirate

SomaliPirate Well-Known Member

I'm pretty die-hard DOA when it comes to soft plastics. I'm growing to like the Z Man stuff though because it's pinfish resistant.

Rick hambric likes this.
  10. GullsGoneWild

GullsGoneWild I Love microskiff.com!

I met Josh at the Houston Fishing Show this year and he's a character! We've actually been trying to get together for a few months and make a marketing video.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.
  11. millerrep

millerrep I Love microskiff.com!

Monster x . Love em, great action and unbelievably durable.

Smackdaddy53 likes this.