Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I tried to search the forum and see if this has already been discussed but couldn't find anything. I am ready to upgrade my old Blue-Top Optima's. They are 5 years old and I have transferred them from boat to boat.
In regards to Lithium batteries... Who makes the best battery? Are they all made in the same warehouse with a different distributor name on the outside? Better warranty from some vs. the other? I like the weight savings and am OKAY with the price given the longevity of the batteries.
I see online: Smart Battery / Relion Battery / Green Life /ECT.
For those familiar with these batteries. What size would you recommend for a starting battery? (70HP Yamaha) / accessory battery (GPS, PP, ECT). Also what size for the 12V trolling motor?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello All,

I tried to search the forum and see if this has already been discussed but couldn't find anything. I am ready to upgrade my old Blue-Top Optima's. They are 5 years old and I have transferred them from boat to boat.
In regards to Lithium batteries... Who makes the best battery? Are they all made in the same warehouse with a different distributor name on the outside? Better warranty from some vs. the other? I like the weight savings and am OKAY with the price given the longevity of the batteries.
For those familiar with these batteries. What size would you recommend for a starting battery? (70HP Yamaha) / accessory battery (GPS, PP, ECT). Also what size for the 12V trolling motor?
Thanks in advance
Edit: https://www.bioennopower.com/collections/12v-series-lifepo4-batteries
I use a 60ah 720 watt h for my kayak 45Lb TM. 17lbs. Says high start current. Havent used it for a starter batt. Very happy with it. They are not cheap.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,701 Posts
I don't know who makes the best, but, I have lithiumpros. They offer the whole kit with charging off alternator and at home charger.

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,563 Posts
Hello All,

Thanks in advance
I typed "Lithium Battery" in the search bar and got 68 items. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What size lithium pros are you running? Same for starter and for trolling motor? Are you happy with them?

I guess what I am curious about is can I go down in battery size now because they carry more juice ect...?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts