Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you think its reasonable to launch a center console skiff to fish in a ditch? I was on the way to work this morning and someone had a 15 cc with a 50hp and trolling motor in the ditch on the side of the road. Every few months they have little tiller boats in there for maintenance but this seems a little bit excessive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i live in SC- so we dont really have "ditches" --- that being said, I have dunked small outboard powered boats with trolling motors into many places where there was no boat ramp- rivers, streams, ponds, mudholes etc. If the banks are grown up- fishing from the boat is about the only way to get it done.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A lot of guys fish this area by parking and fishing from the bank. There is a small Dam preventing him from going one way and a paved road preventing him from going the other way. So hes got about 200 yards before he would have to put it on the trailer and move to the other side of either.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
A lot of guys fish this area by parking and fishing from the bank. There is a small Dam preventing him from going one way and a paved road preventing him from going the other way. So hes got about 200 yards before he would have to put it on the trailer and move to the other side of either.
Dude needs a canoe!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Mayb he’s scared of stepping on a snake walking the bank:eek:
Agree, sounds like he needs a canon or yak...

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I see him there again Ill take a pic
Heres an aerial view. There are turbidity curtains around some of the bridges
Airport.jpg

·
I Love microskiff.com!
289 Posts
I put my skiff in the neighborhood pond, trolling motor only but I get to hit a section that anyone walking cant and reap the rewards. Thinking of sinking and marking my own personal brush piles too!

·
Banned
1,441 Posts
In the late 80s ,There used to be a developer in north raleigh nc , who kept a wet header jet boat ,in the neighborhood club pond used to irrigate golf course. He’d get out there and pop the throttle a couple times about midnight, chase the alligators early in the morning ,just raising hell in general ,not bad for a 50-year-old landlubber

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I used to launch my duck boat in a bar ditch every morning. Some of the best times of my life:) To this day, I still look at a ditch and wonder if my mud boat or Dad's airboat would make it down the ditch without bouncing off the sides. Good times....

Reactions: State fish rob

·
Registered
59 Posts
Being from Naples, I knew exactly where you were talking about with your first post. Are you sure it wasnt one of the lake doctor type little skiffs. They have been doing some construction in that area also on the golf course side.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Being from Naples, I knew exactly where you were talking about with your first post. Are you sure it wasnt one of the lake doctor type little skiffs. They have been doing some construction in that area also on the golf course side.
Your right he was out there again today with a big vacuum machine with a hose. Still was using the trolling motor to get around.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts