Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m on the Heron 16 waiting list and I probably won’t have it until October. Does anyone know how the fishing for redfish around Delacroix should be the first week in November? That’s just before duck season starts.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Before y'all convince yourselves how stellar its going to be I suggest you watch what happens with the Morganza Spillway. Right now the marsh is just about totally freshwater. In fact the MS Sound salinity levels have bottomed out. Normal salinity in the summer is in the range of upper teens to low 20s ppthousand. The current reading at Grand Pass is 0.9. There have been over 100 dead dolphin and 100 dead sea turtles wash up on the beaches of MS.

Now that doesn't mean you can't catch fish. But I can tell you first hand its been tough. It will take a month or two after the spillway closes for things to even approach normal. Hopefully by November it will be back??

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I’m on the Heron 16 waiting list and I probably won’t have it until October. Does anyone know how the fishing for redfish around Delacroix should be the first week in November? That’s just before duck season starts.
Any updates on fishing conditions around Delacroix?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts