SOLD/EXPIRED large project boat for sale!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by fish3208, Jan 10, 2008.

1. fish3208

fish3208 Well-Known Member

This is a boat I purchased with a mold. It is a great flatback style hull. 24' long x 9'6" wide.
    Comes with new 3000# continental trailer, New color matched Porta bracket.
    Boat was started by previous builder and I built in and chopped front cabinets and floors.
    Comes with center console and leaning post/baitwell, wire ran from transom box to console.
    gas tank and hoses installed.[​IMG][​IMG]

16 K  
    call me 407-967-1993

2. captnron

captnron Guest

Is that a "Fat Boy"?

3. SoggyDollar

SoggyDollar Well-Known Member

Looks like the fat boy to me.. Is that guy still in business?

4. captnron

captnron Guest

I don't think so. Heard some disturbing stuff about delivery and when I drove by his location the other day, the doors were down. Didn't investigate. When I talked with him last year, looked like he built a no frills boat for a fair price. :cool:

5. fish3208

Yes it is the fatboy! I bought him out in sept. I repaired the molds and am now ready to start production.
    This boat is for sale now as a project for someone. I want to start with my own ideas. If you know of anyone wanting one send them my way.

Fish3208

6. SoggyDollar

SoggyDollar Well-Known Member

They looked to be a great boat. I had my checkbook out to buy one of his Tower boats until the rumors started. Good luck with your venture. Keep us posted with pictures and your changes..

7. captnron

captnron Guest

You have any objection in taking this to the off topic for discussion? We shouldn't derail your thread For Sale but it isn't a micro by any means. ;D ;D ;D Can I call you "Fat Boy"? ;D ;D

First question is - where are you now located?

8. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

that boats looks like it might sit in a couple inches of water like it is. all you need is a poling platform and a long paddle

9. ucfsae81

ucfsae81 Well-Known Member

kinda looks like the panga design

10. fish3208

Hey Capt. Ron, We can move this dicussion if you want. I started this here because it wasn't a microskiff. it said other boats. Sorry!!! :)

Fish 3208

11. fish3208

Hey Capt. Ron, We can move this dicussion if you want. I started this here because it wasn't a microskiff. it said other boats. Sorry!!! :)

Fish 3208

12. fish3208

Sorry Ron, Orlando.. :)

13. captnron

captnron Guest

NP with the add. I just want to derail it some more but not at your expense. ;) It's not a microskiff but I personally like all boats as long as they float. HeII, I'm not even that picky. ;D ;D ;D Maybe you could start a thread in off topic so we can talk about it some more or would you rather discuss here? Your thread. :cool: Maybe it was your intent to use the add as a lead add anyway and in that case it might be to your advantage to discuss here. :-/

14. captnron

captnron Guest

Thanks. You end up with just the hull and top cap molds? He had some other stuff laying around he was messing with. :-/

15. fish3208

I also have the 36" console and leaning post w/ large livewell. he had damaged the hull mold and covered it up by filling the damage with tooling gel and hid it until after I bought them. then it cost me $7500.00 to redso the hull. But it is good to go now.

fish3208

If you want to move this go ahead, just let me know..

16. captnron

captnron Guest

Now that I know the drill, might as well leave it here since you purchased this boat and the molds. This boat had a lot of interest under the previous ownership. I even helped a few potential customers find the physical location. ;)

Like I said, this has to be the biggest 24 I've ever seen and the previous owner claimed it would run out with a 140 Zuke. I like the idea of a full size boat the doesn't require 1000 HP.