Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A recent trip to Louisiana taught me a few things about bringing extra gear. The night before I dropped my Lamson Lightspeed 8 wt reel on the concrete...damn bent the heck out of the spool even with the case on! No worries had the backup reel so with a quick line change I was good to go.

I thought it was pretty much shot but sent the 7 year old reel and $30 check in to the warranty dept. when I got back home. Shocker...they fixed it like new and shipped back to me within a week from the time I sent it in! There are some good reels out there but Lamson definately lived up to my expectations on customer service.

M

·
0 Posts
A recent trip to Louisiana taught me a few things about bringing extra gear. The night before I dropped my Lamson Lightspeed 8 wt reel on the concrete...damn bent the heck out of the spool even with the case on! No worries had the backup reel so with a quick line change I was good to go.

I thought it was pretty much shot but sent the 7 year old reel and $30 check in to the warranty dept. when I got back home. Shocker...they fixed it like new and shipped back to me within a week from the time I sent it in! There are some good reels out there but Lamson definately lived up to my expectations on customer service.
jb. great to hear that there are still companies out there that stand behind their products. The reel market is so competitive that companies that don't, will not survive.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I've bent two of them and had the same experience. They machine them straight. I have also had the drag seize up and they replaced it, even offering me an upgrade at low cost from a velocity to a litespeed. I primarily use them for bass, but have landed bones, permit and tarpon on them without issue.

The trick on the drag is to completely loosen it before storing. Wash the entire reel, then take apart and let the drag dry face down where it can drain any water that mat have got in.

It's a good practice to loosen all drags before storing. Prolongs the life and prevents any parts from seizing up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts