Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im starting to redo the transom on my 13 and have a couple pieces of coosa to use. My plan is to use fasco 110 to attach the coosa to the transom skin. Should I laminate the coosa on both sides then fasco it or can I fasco it to transom and lay glass once its adhered? My thoughts are that if i just fasco and then lam it i wont have to worry about any delamination from my poor workmanship:)

·
Brandon, FL
10,079 Posts
Why use two different resins?.

Fiasco is expensive compared to other resins. You will also need to buy resin when you cover it so why not just buy a half gallon kit and do it all at once?

B

·
0 Posts
The whole process is laminating. Bond it in, fillet the corners, tab it and glass it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have a gallon kit of the 110. I assumed it was mixed to a putty consistency and it would not work into cloth very well. I'm also adding a section over the ankle breaker. Are you saying ditch the fasco and use something like 105? I have some cabosil so I could make a putty for adhesion...

·
Brandon, FL
10,079 Posts
110 is a putty that you could use to bed the foam in place.

No, 110 will not work with cloth.

You will only need a pint of the gallon to bed the piece.

You will need to buy resin for the cloth. Use cabosil to thicken and use that to bed the piece in place.

3/4 of the gallon will go to waste. Return it and get resin.

WS 105 is great stuff but expensive. www.raka.com will save you money on resin and cabosil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts