Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

Lake Ingram

3128 Views 57 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  James Humphrey
For those that haven’t been there, or been there during high tide where it actually looks like a lake/big buddy of water, this is it during a low tide. The fishing can be very active since most fish end up concentrated in these channels. We didn’t catch anything big this time out, but plenty of these little guys. Plus there were a few crocodiles to look at up on the banks.
Water Sky Lake Fisherman Fish
Reactions: mfdevin and TR.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Evo
1,022 Posts
Was there today. Fishing was not great there was a ton of finger mullet and Tarpon busting them in Middle cape canal they were all over us but no takers. Ran the lake thinking the tide was higher than it was when I got to the south end talk about butt puckering but my Evo made it fine but not going to lie I thought I was going to have issues. Never seen it that low and that’s after the tide was coming in for some time.

· Registered
2022 Evo
1,022 Posts
I ran Cape Sable yesterday morning. Lot of bait, tarpon, sharks but nothing liked what I had to offer. Went into Middle Cape around 11:00 and fished the lake for a while until 2:30. Got 5 small rat reds, nothing legal and 3 line sides that were also short. We got some whisker trout but that goes without saying.

Beautiful day in the park but yes fishing was slow.
I may have seen you out at the mouth on the west side of east cape on our way back to the ramp.

As the famous Capt LeMay says "Nothing Like The Glades"
Yeah day was gorgeous. I was really hopeful I’d hook up on a tarpon there was a 45min window where they were busting all around us there was tons of finger mullet. I was hanging out in that area most of the morning. Ran the lake around noon stopped at one spot in East Cape canal and gave up. Kids were bored with little to no action and they are used to the Bimini on Grandpas boat it was HOT yesterday. Still glad I went it’s always nice to get out I saw one of the biggest sharks I’ve ever seen yesterday was very “Jaws” like. Was slightly disturbing lol. Sounds like you had a better day than us!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts