Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
I Love microskiff.com!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here have any knowledge of the lagoon skiff? They make a 14'6" and a 17 Looks really nice at a great price.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I stopped in and met with David a few weeks ago. He has a small shop where he makes everything by hand. He took the time to walk me through his process and how he puts everything together. His hull design is definitely a cool looking design and different. He told me that he worked for a couple of other large skiff companies for the last 20 or so years, so I think he has plenty of experience. He said that he just wanted to be on his own. I have been really thinking of going with one of his boats.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Evening Guys, I just got back from David's shop up in Cocoa Beach (I'm in Fort Lauderdale.) What a great guy! I told him I was coming to Cocoa to meet him and check out possibly buying my first boat. He spent a couple hours walking me through each and every detail of the boat. Anything I needed or asked for or wanted, he was able to give me insight. Like @bababouy stated he worked for Hells Bay and Sea Ray previously. Has 25+ years in the boat building world. I felt super comfortable talking and exploring my build. I put the deposit down and hopefully will get my boat soon!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Evening Guys, I just got back from David's shop up in Cocoa Beach (I'm in Fort Lauderdale.) What a great guy! I told him I was coming to Cocoa to meet him and check out possibly buying my first boat. He spent a couple hours walking me through each and every detail of the boat. Anything I needed or asked for or wanted, he was able to give me insight. Like @bababouy stated he worked for Hells Bay and Sea Ray previously. Has 25+ years in the boat building world. I felt super comfortable talking and exploring my build. I put the deposit down and hopefully will get my boat soon!
Yeh I am also in the process of buying one of his boats. What a great guy to deal with. Very detail oriented and you can tell he takes a lot of pride in his work. Put my deposit down and have a couple more weeks to go on delivery.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats @jwh70! Yea Like I said he really seems to care about quality over quantity. I don't mind waiting the 10-12 weeks.

@bababouy. I'm going with the 17' Center console powered by a 50hp Tohatsu. I went with the poling platform, forward bulkhead hatch with a 12 gallon tank in the bow. Couple extra buckets in the aft, one plumbed for a livewell, one for storage. And then a couple LEDs, pre-rigged for trolling motor, stiffy pushpole holders. Really excited about it! Once I get pics I'd be happy to upload.

·
Registered
925 Posts
@Zach Vogelsang look forward to seeing the pics. I am local, right around the corner and have considered the purchase of the 17' myself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@NativeBone, I've looked at quite a few boats around Florida and really felt for the money, you'll be hard pressed to beat it. I looked at East Cape, Ankona, Beavertail, all great boats definitely, but like I said for the money, I felt the Lagoon Skiff works best for my budget and needs.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Im looking at the 17 myself also. I would like to take a ride in the 17 first before I pull the trigger. I was thinking of the same set up, with a center console and possibly the coffin box.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea I'm doing a cooler holder where the coffin box would be. I have an RTIC 45 that's about the size of the coffin box. I know he has one in the shop for maintenance that has the coffin box with a seat cushion. It's also plumbed for livewell. Real nice boat.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@Fishshoot , I texted the builder and got a reply. So it doesn't look like every other skiff out there... at times it sort of functions as a spray rail when running in choppy conditions but not the main purpose. Just a styling addition.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Ok I was wondering if was something new like all the rounded sterns now. I like the looks of that skiff, classic color choice!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts