Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After quite a while of looking to find a skiff for the lower keys I settled on a Lagoon Skiffs Tail Chaser. Will be a center console with 20hp tohatsu. Just went in the mold a few days ago. Will update along the build process. Should be done in about 6-7 weeks. Hull color will be aqua mist and the deck will be white. Keeping fairly simple with just a livewell jump seat, push pole holders, poling platform, bilge, and nav lights.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Looks really good. Could you let me know about what it costs. Even if you want to send directly to me? Very interested. Also where was it built( location)? Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks really good. Could you let me know about what it costs. Even if you want to send directly to me? Very interested. Also where was it built( location)? Thanks, Michael
Built in Titusville/Cocoa area and this one was roughly 16,000. Give him a call and he will price one out for you. He has short lead time and is pretty affordable.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
846 Posts
Built in Titusville/Cocoa area and this one was roughly 16,000. Give him a call and he will price one out for you. He has short lead time and is pretty affordable.
Is the shop a&l fiberglass. I'm trying to find the address. Working in Cocoa today and might want to stop by after work.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
846 Posts
I am pretty sure it is on the website. But if not give him a call.
Thanks. It wasn't showing up on the phone, but found it on the computer. 20 minutes and halfway to the house. What was the reason you went to lagoon and not ankona or something else? Prices seem similar. The boat looks really nice by the way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks. It wasn't showing up on the phone, but found it on the computer. 20 minutes and halfway to the house. What was the reason you went to lagoon and not ankona or something else? Prices seem similar. The boat looks really nice by the way.
Mostly because the wait times. I put the payment down in January and am picking it up in a week. Ankonas are nice but it’s well over a year wait now for any of them.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
846 Posts
Mostly because the wait times. I put the payment down in January and am picking it up in a week. Ankonas are nice but it’s well over a year wait now for any of them.
That is a great turn around time. I didn't realize it was so long at ankona. I like the personal aspect of small companies like that, as well. Do you have experience with lagoon skiffs? Ridden on one or a friend?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is a great turn around time. I didn't realize it was so long at ankona. I like the personal aspect of small companies like that, as well. Do you have experience with lagoon skiffs? Ridden on one or a friend?
I do not but i will in a couple of weeks. David worked at hells bay prior to this and then he designed the hull himself. I will update once ive ridden it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts