Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

I wanted to share the build I ordered from Lagoon Skiffs. The album I shared has photos of the entire build process of the boat. I ordered the Tail Chaser Pro model that came with a molded deck and many options. I've since had her on the water and she rides great through some chop, poles easily, and floats shallow. After some short wide open throttle burst with the 25hp motor it reached 30mph with just me and 27 with two people on gps. Skiff measures 14'10" with a 61" beam.

I really enjoyed watching my skiff get built from the ground up and hope you do the same!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WXjfTU9Fbc2Jt81Q7

-Alex

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Congrats, looks like a nice ride!
I noticed the Nauticus smart tabs you have. They offer the pr500 bracket for the trim tabs. It allows you to pull them up when not in use. You might want to look into that if you are poling up on the flats. I put them on my little boat and couldn't be happier with the simplicity and function.
IMG_20190805_202827656.jpg

IMG_20190805_202818089.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats, looks like a nice ride!
I noticed the Nauticus smart tabs you have. They offer the pr500 bracket for the trim tabs. It allows you to pull them up when not in use. You might want to look into that if you are poling up on the flats. I put them on my little boat and couldn't be happier with the simplicity and function.
View attachment 86916

View attachment 86918
I'll definitely look into those. That was one of my concerns with the tabs. I already have some slide marks on the bottom edges of mine.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
They are $35 for the pair. If you get them make sure to use red loctite on the handle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love the build. Beautiful skiff. Interested in the nav lights installed. Can you advise who makes those?
Sorry Mike, just saw your reply.

I do not know the manufacturer of the bow nav lights unfortunately. The stern anchor light is made by Hella.

·
Registered
Ocean kayak
902 Posts
How's that boat doing? Do you like it? I'm close to a purchase and am curious, if you have some insight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts