Labor Day Weekend Idiots

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jmarkklock, Sep 5, 2007.

1. jmarkklock

jmarkklock Well-Known Member

My girlfriend and I were headed out the Homosassa River on the Ghost to do some scolloping Monday morning. I get to the part of Channel where it gets kind of narrow (just before the sharp right hand turn before it goes to idle speed and goes by Monkey Island) The posted it speed limit is 25mph. I'm doing 25.7 mph (gps). As I'm approaching the area, I see two pontoons rafted together with several children on towables attached to the pontoons by ropes. They are right in the MIDDLE OF THE F'N CHANNEL, pretty much taking up the entire channel from red marker to green marker. I came off plane and slowed down to idle speed and went and around them. As I was going by I said nicely, "You guys know you are in the middle of the navigation channel?". A guy on one pontoon, deciding to be a smart azz, said "Oh it won't kill you azzholes to slow down!" My girlfriend looked at me and said "Be Nice!". I have been nice all weekend. I towed one idiot on off the flats back to Riverhaven Friday when he decieded to hit a rock at 30 mph. I helped two people on Sunday get their boats back on the trailer because it was obvious they had no clue. I was done being nice. I wanted to raise Hell!. But I just shook my head and motored away, keeping my mouth shut. I kind of felt sorry for their kids. Where do the morons come from?

2. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

I towed one idiot on off the flats back to Riverhaven Friday when he decieded to hit a rock at 30 mph.

Tanner??? Was that u again???? [smiley=1-laugh.gif] [smiley=1-laugh.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif] [smiley=1-lmao.gif]

3. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Snookie.........

Come on! Didn't you total a boat by hitting the rocks over there on the west coast? Who brought you back after ticketting you? Coast Guard or Marine Patrol?

4. jmarkklock

jmarkklock Well-Known Member

OK I was not trying to say the guy was an idiot because he hit something.(that happens to all of us) We were sitting anchored (powerpole) in about 16 inches of water about 35 yards off a mangrove island waiting for the tide to come in to catch some redfish. I was wading in calf deep water about 30 feet from the boat. He is an idiot because he came flying by me going directly toward the mangrove island. He came within 25 feet of me before he met rock/oyster in a 16' bowrider

5. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

Yes, the coast guard has brought me back and later the ticket was dropped because MotherNature was blamed.........it's no body fault.....but lost my boat that day. That's when happend to everyone like Tanner and I, but Tanner's bote with upside down suki motor is sure it's funny to look at!