KOBALT Junk ! I promised them ;-)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by noeettica, Sep 10, 2009.

1. noeettica

noeettica Well-Known Member

I promised the DOLT at the customer service counter I would spread this "far and Wide" enjoy !

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=891542

2. mark_gardner

mark_gardner I Love microskiff.com!

read your rant on fs forum, they cut me off over a year ago becuase of stuff i was returning w/o a reciept, i'm a contractor like you and got a little lazy about saving reciepts so from now on i make sure i keep them. one of the reasons they do it this way is like others said to track loss prevention, there are "gypsies" that  spend the entire day riding around shoplifting then return the stuff for a store credit then sell the credit for something like 50 cents on the dollar, the retailers are wise to it and therefore limit the times you can return/exchange stuff without a reciept. your actually helping them( retailers) out by spreading the word about their return policy, maybe the thieves will read it and take up another profession,,,, but i doubt it :mad:

3. noeettica

I wanted Exchange ... NO Money

4. Flyline

Flyline Won "Do More With Less" Award!

I has been running dewalt tools and mayaska toollllsssss that last me a long time!!!!!

NEVER BUY SHIT IN CHINA!

5. mark_gardner

where do you think dewalt comes from? i think its a bunch of b.s. that everyones unemployed and our shelves are filled with made in china crap that wears out way to fast and ends up in our land fills, i've got 2 of those dewalt 4pack 18 volt tool kits that if i'm lucky the batteries will last about a year, i bought one of the ridgid 4 packs back in 2004 that have lifetime warranties on everything including bateries which i've had to take advantage at least once so far but that kit stays in the garage and isnt used as much, i think the guy told me the lifetime warranty really is only meant to be about 7 years :mad:  they dont seem to have the torque that the dewalts have thou

6. Brett

Brett > PRO STAFF <

I tried cutting the cord once.
    Very unimpressed by the minimal torque and rpms.
    I like my electrical umbilicals.
    Makes it easy to find a power tool in the pile.
    Same with my computer mouse, love that cord.
    Never any problem tracking it down in the desktop clutter.

7. noeettica

18 Volt Milwaukee Seems Pretty Decent ...

So Far :eek:

8. mark_gardner

yeah, when i need raw  power i break out the  corded tools also ;) i do like me wireless mouse though :D but will probably go bankrupt buying batteries for it ;D

9. Kemo

Kemo The world is flat....and shallow.

4 - yr old 18v Dewalt drill made in USA. New 18v Dewalt made in Mexico. 2 18v batteries made in Japan. Compressor and all air tools are Rigid. Never had a problem with any of them. All other tools are Craftsman.

Kemo :cool:

10. paint it black

paint it black Paddling away...

All the angle grinders I've owned are Dewalt and they last forever, except I picked up a pair of Ryobi's for how cheap they are and they've been great as well...

The Dewalt angle grinders cost me $100 each and have no complaints.
    Lent to a buddy and haven't seen them since.
    So I Picked up a pair of Ryobi ones for $30 each and no complaints at all.
    I'm still getting my Dewalt ones back, so I didn't bother spending another $100 each.

My drop saw is a Ridgid never had any problems with it.