Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
98’ Whipray
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to fill a hole in my console and was thinking of one of those knot tying rings.. Anyone have a link or proper name?
Thanks

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Think Snookdaddy and FMH both had them on their consoles. PM or maybe they'll chime in.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,083 Posts
This reminds me to put one on my boat. Ive used pliers and guides on rods so a stainless eye bolt will do

Reactions: Capt. Moose

·
Registered
489 Posts
81658C44-5470-4EF0-BFD7-25C2F386DE27.jpeg
I believe some folks call it a “rigging eye.” I can’t recall where I got mine but it wasn’t Amazon. Make sure you get the one made from “316” stainless. The one I purchased was a bit more decorative and was around $12 if I recall correctly. I had to cut off about an inch-and-a-half of the threaded ends because it was unnecessarily long.

·
I Love Skinny Water
6,083 Posts
That dam sea dog is way overpriced. I’m going to Ace and get a SS eye bolt and washers for under $5
Then mount it on the bulkhead on my front big ask hatch

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Looking to fill a hole in my console and was thinking of one of those knot tying rings.. Anyone have a link or proper name?
Thanks
marinepartdepot.com has what you are looking for.. They have some of the best prices I've found and always ships free.

Finished Eye Ring is what you need.

·
Panhandler
2,720 Posts
Why???? Why would anyone intentional put that ring on their console?
How tight do you need to make your knots to hold?
I understand reasoning for covering up a hole. Use a cap of some kind......ICM
There is a slight difference between leaders and hooks for trout and redfish vs. snook and tarpon. Besides, a compact Sea Dog bolt is a lot less obtrusive than the sissy bars and cages that adorn the bows and platforms of some skiffs.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts