Kiwi Grip

Discussion in 'Boat Yard Basics' started by habanalure, Nov 11, 2014.

1. habanalure

habanalure I Love microskiff.com!

I'm looking at this product to finish the deck of my 16 footer. Who carries the product in the central Fl area?
    Any comments will be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Dadvocate

Dadvocate If it ain't broke tweak it a little....

Not sure local, I bought mine online from Bateau. If you have not seen it up close I have it on my boat and could meet with you. Pm me your #.

3. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

4. Rookiemistake

Rookiemistake Well-Known Member

I was looking at this product last week and was wondering how the finish is compared to other nonskids. I was thinking of getting rid of the seadek and putting this stuff down.

5. ChrisDoza

ChrisDoza I Love microskiff.com!

its a great product and is holding up well on my j16 that i redone. I too got it from bateau. only recomendation is to get the application square and the roller with it . what you do is with the square is kinda like a trowel with groves and you apply it with that to get it even kinda like when youre putting down mortar for tile. then you go over it with the roller, rolling soft for a smoother texture or rolling it with more force for a more coarse texture. only other advices id give is to cover everything thats not getting rolled because the kiwi grip will go everywhere like a wet dog shaking water off. its great stuff and very durable.

6. ChrisDoza

ChrisDoza I Love microskiff.com!

also, bateau is located in vero beach i believe, but i dont know how close that is to you.

7. braces43

braces43 I Love microskiff.com!

What kind of surface prep is required before applying it?

8. tomahawk

tomahawk Well-Known Member

9. Les_Lammers

Les_Lammers Well-Known Member

HJ,

I used this http://www.softsandrubber.com/ the big granules and it worked great. Is the Kiwi oil/gas resistant?