Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Jake Lastinger
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas,

I recently purchased a new to me 2004 Maverick HPX-T. I've had other boats in the past and understand the basics of cleaning & rinsing after each use, but was wondering if any of y'all had any good tips on keeping everything well preserved & free of any unwanted stains, corrosion, avoidable damage, etc.. in the future ? I've heard to use salt-off, dielectric grease on all electronic connections, deck wax on surfaces, & silicone spray.

Any other tips, tricks, recommended products floating around out there? Trying to keep my new teenage girlfriend looking and running good for many years to come!

·
I Love microskiff.com!
552 Posts
One thing I hate most is washing and cleaning so I just quickly wash and flush When finished fishing and wax (hull only) once a year and keep mine in the garage.
I’ve had boats all my life and they rarely have they let me down

I believe The most important Thing is regular use

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
it's a tool for fishing. I like my stuff to be neat and clean but once it comes off the showroom floor it isn't new anymore. unless you don't use it.

·
Soy un Perdedor
2,591 Posts
4 things I swear by and use often:

1. Barkeepers Friend liquid for rust stains and other tough stains.
2. Star Brite Non-Skid Deck Wash with PTEF
3. 303 Aerospace Protectant for vinyl and rubber parts
4. Salt-A-Way for flushing and washing down trailer

·
I Love microskiff.com!
48 Posts
Flush motor after every use. I wash hull and deck with soap and water, starbrite deck cleaner if it's real dirty, and I apply turtle wax spray to hull and decks before drying with a shammy.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
and keep mine in the garage
Get the proper cleaning/polishing materials. (some listed above)
Bearing buddies if your trailer didn't come with them
Fan to dry it out

If you don't use the boat regularly
Run the engine out of fuel. (add stabilizer to fuel tank)
use a couple jack stands so the tires are just off the floor.
If you store it outside, make a couple plywood or plastic shields to keep the sun off the tires.
Outside boats of course need a cover...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts