Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, writing from Central Texas. Happened to find a 1971 13’6” Kennedy Kraft skiff about a year ago in TX for cheap on CL. Figured I would teach myself and build this little guy out. I know there have been some threads on here before about Kennedy Kraft and the daughter posts on here. Really want to hear what y’all think. Boat is super light, not done yet. This winter I’ll rig it out and paint the hull. Going to upgrade to a newer 20hp. Thoughts on a patina paint job?

Attachments

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,974 Posts
I owned one when living in saraland al. Bought it in Pensacola 1969, used it with a 35 mercury then with 50 mercury when I moved back to louisiana. Fishing out of Hopedale la. My first Florida skiff, good boat, tough, plywood cored floor. Had side mahogany console pulley steering, short shaft manual 50 mercury. Manual adjusted trim tabs. No trolling motors back then, just sculled from the bow with a short paddle.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
1,974 Posts
Hey y’all, writing from Central Texas. Happened to find a 1971 13’6” Kennedy Kraft skiff about a year ago in TX for cheap on CL. Figured I would teach myself and build this little guy out. I know there have been some threads on here before about Kennedy Kraft and the daughter posts on here. Really want to hear what y’all think. Boat is super light, not done yet. This winter I’ll rig it out and paint the hull. Going to upgrade to a newer 20hp. Thoughts on a patina paint job?
U did nice upgrades to the boat.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Ah so you decided to keep it? I ended having to back out on purchasing a boat. Got real busy at work and side tracked. I'm just getting back into the boat bug again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts