Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this discussion on the boat saturday. I used to have subscriptions to 4 different fishing magazines. Hell have a pile now from a year back I need to read. I only read articles that pertained to my area and adds for new products or DIY articles.
Question was: how does someone find out about new items these days? Like new lures or knives or sunglasses? Neither of us are really on FB or Snap or any of the other social media sites. Fishing clubs are pretty much defunct. Where does one stay informed with the latest and greatest products?

·
Registered
702 Posts
If you use a computer the ads will find you... do a search for anything in general that you are thinking about and they will come...

·
Registered
200 Posts
That’s easy, google up Salt Strong

Reactions: Fishshoot

·
Panhandler
2,716 Posts
Magazines are still a viable source of information. But the long lead times and decreasing publication frequency does impact timeliness.

The Fishing Wire is a free digital wire service that covers new product releases, management news, tournament results, etc. The latest tackle/gear from ICAST are big topics right now. Frank Sargeant, the retired award-winning former outdoor writer for the Tampa Tribune, is the editor.

There's also a companion service for hunters/general outdoors.

www.thefishingwire.com
www.theoutdoorwire.com

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I used to try to do an article for publication in one or another magazine every year or so. I enjoy doing it and it brought in a booking or two...
All of that has changed and hardly any outfits can afford to buy a single article...

In recent years most magazines can barely keep their doors open. If you have a magazine you like, enjoy... They’ll all be gone soon.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Magazines are still a viable source of information. But the long lead times and decreasing publication frequency does impact timeliness.

The Fishing Wire is a free digital wire service that covers new product releases, management news, tournament results, etc. The latest tackle/gear from ICAST are big topics right now. Frank Sargeant, the retired award-winning former outdoor writer for the Tampa Tribune, is the editor.

There's also a companion service for hunters/general outdoors.

www.thefishingwire.com
www.theoutdoorwire.com
Frank Sargeant is a terrific outdoor writer. Thanks for the info.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts