Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Native to the Destin FL area. Glad to be here and excited to soak up as much knowledge as i can from the community! Been a kayak angler for a few years now but recently made the jump to a solo skiff with an old 6hp outboard. I realize that I’ll be learning a lot of tactics and fundamentals from this community like basic motor knowledge and poling skills. I would eventually like to have a full size skiff with proper casting and poling platforms but for now I'm working with what I’ve got and loving every second of it. Just wanted to put myself out there and introduce myself.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hola buddy, I am fairly new on here to. I think you made a good choice for the money. I was about to just get a Blue Water Cat with the with a peddle drive and then they raised the price so I just got a little new skiff instead. Was very affordable. Tight Lines

·
Registered
199 Posts
Good for you man. I started with a little Carolina Skiff and learned a lot on that boat. Welcome to the community, there’s definitely a. Lot of knowledge to be gained by the people on this forum.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I can understand that but like I said I’m working with what I got and for now it gets me out on the water.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No not at all! I completely understand what you’re saying. It makes sense. I can’t wait till I can afford a proper skiff! What other boats do you have?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol I mean if I can eventually upgrade to a full sized skiff and keep the solo skiff then yeah I totally agree! I just mean upgrade in the sense that a full size skiff would allow me to take my kids out more easily.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I love my SoloSkiff, and I bought a 16' microkiff just so I could take other people out with me. I love the new boat also, but I'm keeping my SoloSkiff. I can pole it in 3" of water, and I can launch in places where the 16 footer can't launch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I've already gotten a push pole for it and I'm working on rebuilding an older mercury 6hp I got off a trade from a guy in AL. looking forward to that 3" draft!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Native to the Destin FL area. Glad to be here and excited to soak up as much knowledge as i can from the community! Been a kayak angler for a few years now but recently made the jump to a solo skiff with an old 6hp outboard. I realize that I’ll be learning a lot of tactics and fundamentals from this community like basic motor knowledge and poling skills. I would eventually like to have a full size skiff with proper casting and poling platforms but for now I'm working with what I’ve got and loving every second of it. Just wanted to put myself out there and introduce myself.
I am new member. I have a Kaku Voodoo and an 08 custom gheenoe LT25

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nice! looks great! did you add the poling platform yourself? or did gheenoe add that on as the customization?

G

·
Headin over to the "darkside"? Only kidding, welcome.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts