Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am a long-time fly-fisher and kayaker that is keeping the fly rods but moving on up to a motor. The Texas coast and Belize is where I go to play. I am always interested in meeting new fishing partners around Rockport.

·
Forgotten Coaster
2,412 Posts
Welcome aboard. Lots of useful content on here, especially concerning fly gear.

M

·
0 Posts
Hello all, I am a long-time fly-fisher and kayaker that is keeping the fly rods but moving on up to a motor. The Texas coast and Belize is where I go to play. I am always interested in meeting new fishing partners around Rockport.
Welcome aboard! I'm kind of heading the other direction. Getting into kayaking.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know if I can help. I have years of experience with kayaks and canoes. I am currently fishing out of a Diablo Amigo but have been through many different models.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
3,254 Posts
If you're throwing fly and paddling a Diablo, you're not lazy. :)

I got started on a Diablo Adios myself...great fly platform but a barge to paddle.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hear ya. I sacrificed speed and glide for the ability to stand and fish when I went from a Tarpon 140 to the Amigo. The sight advantage was worth it ... I think.

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,428 Posts
There are a couple of fly fishermen from Katy that frequent the Fly Fishing Forum here. Just put a shout out on that board and see if you can hook-up with local guys around there who have microskiffs.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll give that a try. I am still looking hard for a used skiff but haven't had any luck searching forums and Craigs. Lots of boats in Florida, but not so many in Texas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts