Kanoe Kamping - (pic intense)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by KOBY, Feb 11, 2008.

1. KOBY

KOBY Well-Known Member

Well, decided it was time to take the kids kamping again......We have done from the Suwannee Music park to Holton River camp and then to Suwannee State Park.....sooo, we decided to do Hwy 41 bridge to the Woods Ferry River camp and then to Suwannee Music park.......Very  Nice paddle, limestone walls, granite bottom, Hawgs, Deer, Coons, etc.....10 -12 miles in between stops,,,,easy,

The River Camp Shelters are great and best of all  r  FREE.......just reserve ahead of time.....weekends can be busy, weekdays are dead quiet......Didnt feeesh this time... but saw some Blue gills, Black bass and some huge catfish.... :eek:

http://www.floridastateparks.org/wilderness/Maps.cfm

A shallow water bote of anykind will work if u dont like paddling......the water level does get low in the summer, higher in the winter.....  :cool:

[​IMG]
    cave in Limestone
    [​IMG]
    friends
    [​IMG]
    Spring house
    [​IMG]
    Camp Shelter  - Free - elec outlets, fan
    [​IMG]
    crowded Camp  (they were in tents) ;)
    [​IMG]
    Kids ready to GO...!!
    [​IMG]
    Spring House
    [​IMG]
    Old bridge
    [​IMG]
    BEACH LUNCH

2. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

Great pics! WIsh the ENP would put screen on there chickees in the glades. Great job with the kids camping, wish everyone would do that with there kids! [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif] [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif] [smiley=1-thumbsup3.gif]

3. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

Nice trip and a very timely post. I have a lot of family responsibilities right now but I want to get out to the Suwanee in April. Here is why.

http://www.waneefestival.com/

Be a great mini-rally if you guys want to set one up. I have to play it by ear because of sick family member. I will start another thread about it so this one doesn't get derailed.

4. captnron

captnron Guest

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Nice post.

Tom, time to paddle again? ;)

5. tom_in_orl

I sold all my canoes and kayaks ;D Suwanee is a microskiff destination for me.

6. Captain_Shane

Captain_Shane Well-Known Member

Thats a gorgeous looking place. Nice photos.

7. galleta_loco

galleta_loco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report and pics i will definetly be doing that trip!

8. KOBY

KOBY Well-Known Member

Thanx

Tom in O twn.......They have great festivals......NO KIDS THOUGH..... ;) :cool:

The Suwanne Music Park is huge.....It has cabins, rv hook ups, tent areas, they also rent kanoes and will pick u up from wherever u get to......There is also a Custom Tree House built by some guy that travels all over the world building them..it was bigger than my house........

IMHO the nicest ride is from The Suwanne Music Park to the Suwannee river state park.......21 miles... :cool:

9. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

thats a deal killer for me, looks like a neat destination though. Great pics too. Looks like them kids were having a blast. - eric

10. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

Could we take the LT-25 with the motor or is it NMZ ?

11. tom_in_orl

No kids? Where did you get that?

http://www.waneefestival.com/faq.html

Children 5 years old and under will be admitted to the event without a ticket as long as they are with a ticketed adult.

They even hold a kids music camp at the park each year

12. deerfly

deerfly Opinicus iracibilus

Tom, I interpreted Koby's comment as a friendly warning from someone with kids thats already been to one of these music festivals.

13. KOBY

KOBY Well-Known Member

Wannee + lots of drink + allman bros crowd = NO KIDS

Camping, t ball, Suwanne Music Park w/ fam, etc = bring kids...........just me..... ;)