Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, as some of you may have noticed, I posted my Salt Marsh Heron for sale on here a few weeks back. It is now happily residing in its new home in Grand Isle Louisiana. The gentleman that purchased it off me is a great dude, he even offered his place for me to come up and fish and get to run my old skiff, so I won't even have to trailer my own boat up there. haha.

So a lot of y'all have been asking me what's next?

Ultimately, I'm going with an Ankona Advent as my next skiff. But for the meantime, I just picked up a Salt Marsh Savanna to hold me down throughout the waiting list process.

This thing is sweet! The true meaning of a Microskiff. I picked up a used 2010 9.9 Fourstroke Mercury that I hope to hold it down.

In typical fashion, I will trick this thing out.

Currently, it is all tan throughout. It was Mel's personal demo Savanna that he had been running for quite some time as they put the new skiff through its paces.

03AE8953-B698-40BF-9527-5A246695D941.JPG

I dont know if I should just run a buffer wheel on it and slap a wrap on the hull sides, or maybe throw some new gray awlgrip throughout to match my truck, and black out the metals and maybe throw on some Aquatraction on the topside.

IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0980.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG

This is going to be a fun micro to scoot around Biscayne Bay chasing bonefish, way up in the glades for juvenile tarpon and chasing reds in Mosquito Lagoon.

What do y'all think?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Make it match your El Camino. lol

Paint/polish the outboard (black or brown)
Detail the trailer
Paint the trailer wheels black
Aquatraction, Seadek, or Dekit the floor in some custom camo or brownish pattern

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it's the perfect skiff for your Old Gregg wrap.... c'mon man you know it would be great
HAHAHAHA that would be epic.

Cool little boat. Simple and easy to manage by yourself when you just want to get out for a few hours, like a really nice jon boat.
Exactly, except much quieter and designed to be poled in shallow water. I was actually looking around for an old jon boat and I mentioned it to Mel and he told me this one was available.

Reactions: JC Designs

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Make it match your El Camino. lol

Paint/polish the outboard (black or brown)
Detail the trailer
Paint the trailer wheels black
Aquatraction, Seadek, or Dekit the floor in some custom camo or brownish pattern
You know, I was thinking of just running the buffer on the top side, throwing aquatraction and my BC camo wrap on hull sides, then painting the outboard to an olive drab / brownish color and matching the metals.

Or, doing a bonefish wrap and painting it all gray, something that'll look good in Biscayne Bay, cause my buddy Jameson already has one in the olive / tan colorway.

Black wheels on the trailer are a must.

Reactions: JC Designs

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got back from a six day trip to the Blue Ridge mountains. Finally stoked to get some time on the Savanna the next couple weeks. I think I've decided to just keep this skiff in it's current colorway, just add a wrap and paint the metals to match.

Here are a few pics from my Blue Ridge trip.
DSC_8402.jpg

DSC_8537.jpg
DSC_8614.jpg
DSC_8626.jpg
DSC_8555.jpg
DSC_8565.jpg
View attachment 134150
DSC_8499.jpg

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Blue ridge is the place. Did you stop at the rum cake lady?
I stopped at the new location, right on the GA/TN line. I was delighted to have a colada and some croquetas while up there.

I will say this, the cuban joint in Chatanooga is still one of the best Cuban restaurants I've experienced. haha

Reactions: EdK13

·
Registered
202 Posts
We go to the little shack in down town blue ridge a couple times a year and it's a pleasant surprise how cuban the food is. It's comparable to Key West cuban food and the rum cake is strong.

·
Paddling away...
6,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those are some hogs! Nice!

what’s the Cuban restaurant in Chattanooga?
It's called Embargo '62. I was extremely skeptical when my buddy who lives in Chatanooga was raving about it. I thought there's no way it's authentic, but was surprised. It is as real as it gets. Turns out the owners are a couple from Miami who also own and operate a restaurant in Miami, they decided to open up another in downtown Chatanooga.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I just got back from a six day trip to the Blue Ridge mountains. Finally stoked to get some time on the Savanna the next couple weeks. I think I've decided to just keep this skiff in it's current colorway, just add a wrap and paint the metals to match.

Here are a few pics from my Blue Ridge trip.
View attachment 134138
View attachment 134140 View attachment 134142 View attachment 134144 View attachment 134146 View attachment 134148 View attachment 134150 View attachment 134152
I hate you.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That thing is sweet. Self bailing too it looks like.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts