Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2015 HB Pro
121 Posts
What the lagoon needs is a break from all the discharges and a cut to provide some flow to it. Flamingo was in absolutely horrible shape last year, but after the hurricane flush and a bunch of fresh water she has bounced back in a way I didn’t think was possible. This year she looks better than I’ve seen in the last 4 years. Places that were a sand bottom last year are full of grass, and water clarity is drastically improved. Even Tin Can is crystal clear from Jimmys lake out, looks like a swimming pool. Hopefully we get enough rain this summer to keep salinity at a reasonable level and she can continue her comeback. Mother Nature is one tough sob and has impressed me with her ability to bounce back. Hopefully the food chain realizes it and the fish start to bounce back, while there is a fair number of rat reds around I haven’t seen a single school of reds in 2 years. If the lagoon can get a little help you’ll be amazed how fast it changes again.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
2,433 Posts
Yep, hopefully the right people notice it and can push through the changes to make sure the park gets the water she so desperately needs.
The right people consist of you and all of your friends that vote or have not voted in all elections of public servants. Volunteer and recruit when ever and where ever you get the opportunity.

·
I Love microskiff.com!
474 Posts
Florida has undeniably some very serious water issues that need to be addressed immediately for more than one reason and those who downplay the situation are only fooling themselves !

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
I said it before. The medications we piss down the bowl, Environmental disaster Disney created and the 4 canes in a row are some of the worst problems. Well maybe not the canes. But they stirred up the pollutants caused by the population boom as the result of Disney and that stupid mouse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts