Just another budget build thread.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sebastianskiff, Oct 12, 2017.

1. sebastianskiff

sebastianskiff Active Member

So i guess i will just keep updating this thread with the progress of my budget skiff build. These are the pics from when i first brought it home. Its 15ft long with a 71" beam. 20170825_142726.jpg 20170825_142636 (1).jpg 20170825_142655.jpg

2. sebastianskiff

So i cut out the live well out to get it out of my way. And came up with my plan of action. Just gunna do a 6ft deck in the front and a 30" deck in the back. connected with 5ft walk on gunnals.

Attached Files:

Fritz and yobata like this.

3. Backcountry 16

Backcountry 16 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good plan leaving it open. What motor you going with?

4. sebastianskiff

I'm going to push it with a 20 horse Mercury Tiller two stroke

5. sebastianskiff

Got some more goodies in the past couple of days! Finally got all of my glass work stuff to the house and just got my grab rail in today and a poling platform in last week. 20171012_174618.jpg 6aee6bd3b5fbb78433f90f4068c3d3ec.jpg

makin moves likes this.
  6. trekker

trekker Well-Known Member

Where'd you get the grab rail ?

7. predacious

predacious Well-Known Member

"build" - I clicked on this,expecting to see someone actually building a boat - laying up a hull - that's BUILDING a boat.making an aft deck,that's RIGGING

big difference

could we please stop using the term "build" ? if you add rod holders to a boat,did you build it ?? if I put different tires/wheels on my jeep - did I build my jeep ?

just one of those things that makes no sense...

8. CodyW

CodyW Well-Known Member

Calm down, if the man wants to put "build" in his thread then by all means go ahead. We rarely see these kind of threads anymore. A microskiff original I would call it.

UnitedFly, Battfisher, yobata and 2 others like this.
  9. sebastianskiff

Marine fiberglass direct. Its was only $150 too.

10. sebastianskiff

Wow hate some more man. Take your negativity somewhere else. Im going to BUILD this hull out like I want it.

11. seapro17sv

seapro17sv I Love microskiff.com!

Predacious, Adding a fore and aft deck and walk around gunwales to a hull is a lot of work, and possibly something you have not done yourself, but if you have, post some pics. This is going to be a nice little flats skiff. Good luck with the build, it's a lot of fun, other than the sanding.

yobata likes this.
  12. JET4

JET4 I Love microskiff.com!

I think the build is going to look good. Can't wait to see the finished build.

yobata likes this.
  13. yobata

yobata I Love microskiff.com!

Dude, you are going to give yourself a reputation in the same vain as George (Chittum). Stop being so fanatic, keep building those Piranha Boats, and let other people do their own re"BUILDS". No reason to split hairs here, its just semantics...

Fritz and BM_Barrelcooker like this.
  14. predacious

predacious Well-Known Member

no hate - it sounds really stupid when someone says - "i built my boat" - and all that really happened is,someone added a few accessories.now,if you take that as hate,that's your problem,stating the obvious....

https://www.microskiff.com/threads/ipb-14.46649/#post-370936

that's the last one I did,there's another project in my garage currently - i'll make a thread when it's done....would you like to see more pics,such as major structural repairs ?