Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I watch my emails for deals at Harbor Freight so this week I see the Jump starter for $39 with coupon. I get it home and the instructions say to charge it but when I checked it was fully charged. You can also run/charge your cell or depth finder on it. I'm going to put it on the boat just incase. Batteries these days just go out and you don't know when.

Harbor Freight is a manly store. I have buffer sanders, drills, Free flashlights, Free head lamps, knifes etc.
IMG_9890.JPG

·
BBA Counselor
6,908 Posts
Charge it per the instructions, no matter what! It might say full but it could be barely full and if you don't filly charge it you will set a low memory.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Charge it per the instructions, no matter what! It might say full but it could be barely full and if you don't filly charge it you will set a low memory.
Thanks for the advice
Yes the green light is on so I thought it was fully charged so I’ll hook it up anyway

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Since it’s a lead acid battery, charge will need to be maintained or checked more often. Hey for $39.00 it might be a useful load balancing device. Lithium model from harbor freight would concern me. Even supposedly quality products can have battery dangers.

·
Zephyr Cove is on FIRE!
10,371 Posts
Since it’s a lead acid battery, charge will need to be maintained or checked more often. Hey for $39.00 it might be a useful load balancing device. Lithium model from harbor freight would concern me. Even supposedly quality products can have battery dangers.
If you drive on any public road you’re in more danger than having a lithium battery hurt you. Watch your head, I heard there’s a meteor shower tonight...:D

·
BBA Counselor
6,908 Posts
Certain products from harbor frieght are worth looking into. The litium jump pack is one of them I think.

·
I Love Skinny Water
5,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't need a lithium. I may never use this one except to charge my grandsons phones while on the boat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts