Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Welcome.
Your hull is rated for 25hp, but that rating was figured from the 2cyl/2stroke <100lb motor days.
I run a 92' hull which is heavier than most as it has the rare factory deck and flats cap which are glass over wood. Came with a Rude 30 2s which hit 28mph lite load ,fun but sucked too much gas for my usage and not a hull that handled moderate chop well at that speed.
Now I have 20hp Tohatsu 4s on her ,same weight engine but 10mpg fuel at WOT. 22mph lite load,20mph standard load. In flat calm conditions I miss the extra speed but don't often have flat calm anyway.
Running a Powertech SRT 9.5x9 prop,best overall performance on my heavy micro, stays on a plane easily at lower revs/mph. Useful when exploring back bays in the 10k.

·
If it ain't broke tweak it a little....
254 Posts
Welcome Sir........I have a Johnsen 15 that I added decks and gunnels. With a Johnsen 15hp 2 stroke it would run 16mph with two people and 22 solo. With Yamaha 25hp 2 stroke it now runs 25mph with two people and close to 30 solo. Here is my thoughts present day. The areas I used to fish had nice grass flats and catching fish could be done without running very far. These days I find myself running mud flats 3 and 4 times the distance to find a few fish. I would seriously consider a 4 stroke like Bobber is using.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts