Dedicated To The Smallest Of Skiffs banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Fly Fishing Shaman
6,331 Posts
It's just a long chenille like a cactus, polar or ice chenille with a slightly wider cut on the fibers. They all look like jelly when wet and slicked down. I'm not a fan of the wider cut, but if I was in the land down under, I'd use whatever I could get my hands on. Here, we have multiple fly shops, BPS, ebay and Amazon, so it's way too convenient to get our hands on the better stuff. I've always thought of feather-craft of more of a jig and lure company rather than a top shelf fly tying materials supplier. But try it and let us know how it works. I have enough chenilles to last me another 10yrs or so. ;)

·
I Love Skinny Water
7,172 Posts
It's just a long chenille like a cactus, polar or ice chenille with a slightly wider cut on the fibers. They all look like jelly when wet and slicked down. I'm not a fan of the wider cut, but if I was in the land down under, I'd use whatever I could get my hands on. Here, we have multiple fly shops, BPS, ebay and Amazon, so it's way too convenient to get our hands on the better stuff. I've always thought of feather-craft of more of a jig and lure company rather than a top shelf fly tying materials supplier. But try it and let us know how it works. I have enough chenilles to last me another 10yrs or so. ;)
don't forget Hobby Lobby and Michaels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.