Jeeps and Girlfriends

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tom_in_orl, Oct 20, 2007.

1. tom_in_orl

tom_in_orl Founder of Microskiff, Member of the Gheenoe Army

I realized today that having two jeeps is like having two girlfriends. You can only be with one at a time but some how you have twice the headaches.

I am thinking this applies to boats and motorcycles too [smiley=fun_84.gif]

2. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

i had a jeep wrangler in college...it was awesome but constantly required $$...most of it due to my stupidity

When will your other jeep be finished?

3. tom_in_orl

I picked it up yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

I was gonna compliment you on the jeep, but i see you ruined it with that POS tag :mad:

5. tom_in_orl

Compliment still accepted ;D

6. Fuzzy_Bruce

Fuzzy_Bruce Well-Known Member

Great restoration!

Two jeeps, older Harley and a real old Beemer with a sidecar taught me one thing. "Don't force it, use a bigger hammer"

7. brew1891

brew1891 Well-Known Member

Nice jeep...except for the tag [smiley=thumbdown.gif]...but i got my law degree from FSU so I cant complain too much, it pays the bills!

8. backwaterbandits

backwaterbandits Well-Known Member

Vvvvveeery Nice tom!!!! Looks great.....Dave

9. buck

buck Well-Known Member

Its almost as nice as an Early Bronco, just kidding, awesome restoration. Lets go wheeling.

10. costefishnt

costefishnt Cost Efish'nt³

wow. you didnt learn nuttin did you. i cant believe you actually admitted to going to that elementary school of rejects.

11. Skinnyreds

Skinnyreds Well-Known Member

Tom,
    It turned out beautiful!!!!!!!!! Boy do I wish I still had a Jeep, there is just something magical about them!

12. tom_in_orl

At least FSU taught me enough common sense not to buy an overweight 25 HP 4 stroke. Where did you go besides Cracker High and CCNA boot camp?

13. Tom_C

Tom_C Well-Known Member

Looks great Tom. [smiley=1-thumbsup1.gif]

14. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Temporarily Boatless

the jeeps cool, but would be better accepted round here if it really was a FORD, and that tag is just reeeealy degrading.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. tom_in_orl

Don't waste your time picking on FSU, UF or any other state school because I could care less and my pride comes from being an alumni not a football fan. My wife graduated from UF so it really does not matter to me. Frankly I will be happy if my kids go to community college or anywhere else.

LR last time I saw you you drove a Jeep. [smiley=headshake.gif] If it ain't your vehicle the you might as well be posting [smiley=spam.gif] But if you must know I am a big Ford fan too. The only reason I did not get an old Bronco before I bought my Jeep was because Broncos were already worth too much money. CJ7 Jeeps run about 10k less for a vehicle in the same condition.

16. buck

buck Well-Known Member

There all money pits, isnt that right Tom?

17. tom_in_orl

The girlfriends or the classic cars? [smiley=1-whoops1.gif]

18. whitesnook

whitesnook Guest

Awesome jeep! Still ride like a bumpy ride? I'm happy with fish florida tag on muh f-150 with 33" tires and a bull bar but rather to have a jeep myself but can't tow a 5000lbs big toys....sucks.

19. Weedy

Weedy Well-Known Member

The Jeep looks great, however, I must admit that I would take an old classic bronco anyday of the week! You are very correct of the money issue with them, the jeeps are more affordable! I have had 4 classic broncos and would give just about anything for another. However, funds push more towards the jeeps. Great looking jeep Tom.
    Weedy

20. MATT

MATT Well-Known Member

That looks just like my 1986 CJ7 258 I had New till 1991 sold it to get the down payment on my first house.